Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
More details have been released about the forthcoming TivuSat platform. many of the currently free main Italian channels will be going Nagravision scrambled and require a low cost card which will not expire.

_http://www.rapidtvnews.com/index.php/200902233207/nagra-confirms-tivu-sat-win.html

A

Anonymous-A

Two points: firstly the RAI and Mediaset channels are currently FTA on Hotbird - does this mean that the FTA channels will disappear?

Secondly, following the link leads to an advertising puff for NDS using the tagline "NDS Delivers Convergence". Won't the upcoming NDS card swap for BSkyB take the limited convergence we currently have away??

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Crusty Burke said:
Two points: firstly the RAI and Mediaset channels are currently FTA on Hotbird - does this mean that the FTA channels will disappear?

Isnt that what I said?

Secondly, following the link leads to an advertising puff for NDS using the tagline "NDS Delivers Convergence". Won't the upcoming NDS card swap for BSkyB take the limited convergence we currently have away??

Thats just a banner ad for NDS at the top of the Rapid TV news page.

fgaravit

Reaction score
My Location
London
I am new to satellite technologies, so apologies for any stupid question.

I want to receive new TiVu Sat service for Italian channels from South-east England (Stansted).

What do I need to buy?

A sat dish (60 70 cm? any other specs?) ?

A CAM with Nagravision Capabilities?

A Sat receiver with a CAM slot

Smart Card (which one?)

----OR----

Same Sat dish as above

sat receiver with card slot (Nagravision)?

smart card?

If someone can give me an example (i.e. Echostar receiver XYZ, Samsung CAM, Samrt Card Ciao, etc) of the exact configuration, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A 70 cm dish aligned on 13E should do nicely and give you plenty of bad weather rain fade margin. At the moment we dont know if Tivu will be releasing cards and cams.

Once the service starts someone will post the exact details of how the system works, whats possible with it, using any cards etc in other receivers.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
For the benefit of those who can read Italian, or at the very least pick up the sense of it, here is the platform's own web address:

_http://www.tivu.tv/tivu/index.aspx

The site covers both Satellite (tivùsat) and Terrestrial (tivù) issues.

At the moment, it isn't clear how the supply chain will facilitate getting boxes and (more importantly) cards to UK users, but market precedents suggest there shouldn't be a problem. We shall see!

danielav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird
My Location
merseyside
Hi i have a question, i live in merseyside , i have a dish and a decoder called Sat+ at the moment i can still watch italian tv just on canale5 i am unable to watch some programmes.

i have been to the tivusat website and it says that to access tivusat i simply need a decoder and a dish based on Eutelsat 13 east.

does this mean that if i change it from hotbird to eutelsat 13 east i will be able to see italian channels without any problems?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Hotbird and Eutelsat 13 East are one and the same!

If you check some of the other Threads in the Tivù Section of this Forum, you'll find you are not alone in having problems with Canale 5.

There are two versions of Canale 5 now - One permanently Encrypted and one which, like the RAI Channels , is FTA apart from when Rights Restricted Programmes are being aired.

As regards Tivùsat Boxes/Cards/CAMS, I commend you to read the other Threads as they will give you an idea of the likelihood of being able to get equipment right now in the UK: Nil! (For the time being)