ITV HD on Freeview

holmroad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM6900HD Combo Super Motorized System
HP Laptop+AMD Desktop
My Location
North Lincs
I did hear a few weeks ago that ITV HD would be available on 'HD Ready' Freeview receivers, well my TM6900H Super is such a receiver and I have already tuned in all the other terrestrially available channels, but no sign of ITV HD!
Anybody know any more please?:confused

VKSEM

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900 super combo, motorized and oval dish
My Location
London
We are getting iv hd on our technomate, but most of the time the screen say that this service is curently unavailable maybe if you try to rescan your channels you might find it.
Good luck ( i would not be too upset about it at the moment if you can not get it)O-zzz

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
VKSEM said:
We are getting iv hd on our technomate,

From terrestrial or satellite??

It will be available from satellite on your TM6900 holmroad.

If you load the latest patch and follow the instructions that are posted with it, you will get it, (showing what is described above)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
There will be no HD services available on FreeView (via the aerial) until late 2009. Please try and get the terminology right or it causes massive confusion :)

Freeview - dtt via the aerial
Freesat - the BBC's new service of free channels via satellite
FSFS - Freesat from Sky - sky's 20 quid card that goves you two or three extra services if you dont want to pay for sky. Via satellite

holmroad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM6900HD Combo Super Motorized System
HP Laptop+AMD Desktop
My Location
North Lincs
Hi M8 - just to get the record straight, I DID say Freeview Terrestrial, so all I missed out was mentioning it was via a BBC2 arial!! lol!!!
So in the end, the gentleman who actually mentioned that Freeview Terrestrial by (BBC2) arial will be coming to that platform later in 2009 is 'actually' answering my question!
Of COURSE I can get ITV HD via TM6900HD patch, but I was hoping I could have it on 'Terrestrial' tv too - albeit as a 'backup'!
Thanx for all your replies however, much appreciated!:-rofl2:)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
When HD comes to terrestrial TV it will use the new DVB T2 standard. The TM6900 was designed before details of the T2 standard were released.

Whether Technomate will release an update is not yet known although they probably will - when it all kicks off in 2009 that is.