Help Required Ku C-120 flange only

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
I'm running out of old Ku C-120 donor lnb's to help me wiith modding duties on new PLL lnbf's .....
Is there a source of Ku C-120 flange only parts anywhere to be had ?
Tia.

s-band

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5m IRTE PF, Invacom SNF-031, TBS6983,
Various L, S, C, X & Ka bits. 1.2m S/X/Ku/Ka Prodelin on Az-El (being refurbished), 1.8m Precision PF with Bullseye Ku LNB or various C & X bits
My Location
Essex
Me too. I don't think Global Invacom are still making their LNBs. They also don't seem to have their range of low cost fibre LNBs any more. The only LNB on the site is a cheap looking LNBF. Maybe it's worth getting in touch to see if they have a box of duff LNBs or just the flanges lying around.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
One option would be to look for a metal fabricator or machinist who can make some.
They should be able to rattle up a few hundred on a CNC machine.

Nalleman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,8 Channel Master, Black Pro LNB with CM feedhorn for 28 E which is my main interest when watching TV. VU+ DUO 4K SE, VU+ DUO 2, Octagon SF8008 and Vantage 8000 S and TS receivers. Fixed dishes at: 42 E (0,75 m), 28,2/28,5 E (1,8 m), 19,2 E (1,5 m), 13 E (1,1 m), 9 E (0,7 m), 5 E (1,2 m) and 1 W (0,7 m).
My Location
Sweden
In Sweden satpro.se still sells some C-120 material.
Everything in stock!

Last edited:

s-band

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5m IRTE PF, Invacom SNF-031, TBS6983,
Various L, S, C, X & Ka bits. 1.2m S/X/Ku/Ka Prodelin on Az-El (being refurbished), 1.8m Precision PF with Bullseye Ku LNB or various C & X bits
My Location
Essex
They should be able to rattle up a few hundred on a CNC machine.
A cheaper option for low quantities, assuming that you tap holes yourself, might be laser or water cut parts.

In addition to the C120 holes, one could add some for Prodelin feeds.

The C120/C120 from SMW would do but probably costs as much as a donor new Invacom. Most of these bits are no longer on the SMW site though.

SMW_Adapters.png

Last edited:

Hyperopia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven 1.2m offset dish
Inverto Black Pro twin flange LNB
Modified Moteck H-180 motor
550mm offset wall mount
Primesat V-Box
Technomate TM-5402 M4
AB Cryptobox 752HD Combo
Panasonic Viera plasma TVs
My Location
Shropshire
If it's a relatively simple flange which you need, maybe a member of the 3d printing community could help. A well-dimensioned sketch should be enough to produce an initial prototype for review.
I am currently producing parts in PC-CF (polycarbonate blended with 20% carbon fibre) for a number of projects. It is lightweight, rigid, and tolerates climatic extremes well.

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
Me too. I don't think Global Invacom are still making their LNBs. They also don't seem to have their range of low cost fibre LNBs any more. The only LNB on the site is a cheap looking LNBF. Maybe it's worth getting in touch to see if they have a box of duff LNBs or just the flanges lying around.

Robbed a C120 flange off an older modded one to graft onto an Inverto Home Pro Offset design for evaluation....
I have this lnbf in it's original form on my 1.2 CM and it performs really well , well enough to use my spare one to mod to C-120 flange to fit on my 2.2m PF.
This was a fairly straight forward mod to do without having to chop the whole offset scalar off.
Test time later.
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

IMG_2736.JPGIMG_2739.JPG

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Many PF dishes from the mid 80's would have polarisers or OMTs made by Chaparral fitted to them, the adapter can be unscrewed from the rest of the device.

PrimeKuwservo.jpg

Dual-Ku-Feed.jpg