My Satellite Setup
Skystar 2 PCI card;
Dreambox 7020S
2x Eagle Linux Boxes
Moteck motorised setup with 88cm dish.
Multi LNB bracket
My Location
Ireland
Just looking for some help from current users of this Sat Meter. Bought it recently but only got the chance to play with it earlier this week. I loaded the most recent dataset on there. Then started to use it on my multi lnb dish. It works fine on the easier to get sats -but for 1*W and 16*E, I'm finding it impossible to fine tune in. I end up using a receiver and tv - for fine tuning.

These two sats are weak in my location using a T90 dish - but when tweaked, I can just about get the important channels on them.

I thought that this meter should show the transponder that I'm tuning in as well - or allow me to select different transponders??? It just gives me the option of tuning in the chosen sat for either V or H. For both of these sats, Its showing 0 for signal quality. On the receiver, I can get them to very very low SNR level (ie a couple of hundred).

Any feedback on how to use meter effectively would be appreciated!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Removed the link to the other forum, as it didn't work and is breaking the rules.

Not sure what you can do with this meter, but seem to remember that you can change the transponders using a cable interface.

borderfox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar 2 PCI card;
Dreambox 7020S
2x Eagle Linux Boxes
Multi LNB bracket
My Location
Ireland
rolfw said:
Removed the link to the other forum, as it didn't work and is breaking the rules.
Oops, sorry about that - It was inadvertent.

rolfw said:
Not sure what you can do with this meter, but seem to remember that you can change the transponders using a cable interface.
Yes, I updated the dataset to the latest available. However, can still only select each sat in either V or H - but not specific transponders...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately we'll have to wait for someone who knows a little more, as I'm sure that the preset transponders are a changeable datafield.

aba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
chaparral montery 40 fully loaded
ehcostar ad3600ipvia
3 dishes zone 2 / 1 mt motorized / 2.3 m motorized
My Location
nottingham
try adjusting the signal strength and qulity setting in the meter settings

borderfox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar 2 PCI card;
Dreambox 7020S
2x Eagle Linux Boxes
Multi LNB bracket
My Location
Ireland
aba said:
try adjusting the signal strength and qulity setting in the meter settings
Cheers for that Alba. Think i'm beginning to get to grips with this meter. Its definitely not the finished article but i suppose it doesnt really matter so long as I get accustomed to it - to a point where its functional.

Is there a dataset out there that has the option of selecting each satellite and the specific transponder?
Only have this option for Astra and Eurobird. Then for the others, have to use UK multisat dataset - which just has each sat with H & V...

gpage24

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky,Showtime,Supersports,Art,1.2 meter dish,Lacuna mk4 meter,Horizon ,satcatcher,
My Location
canary islands
borderfox said:
Cheers for that Alba. Think i'm beginning to get to grips with this meter. Its definitely not the finished article but i suppose it doesnt really matter so long as I get accustomed to it - to a point where its functional.

Is there a dataset out there that has the option of selecting each satellite and the specific transponder?

Only have this option for Astra and Eurobird. Then for the others, have to use UK multisat dataset - which just has each sat with H & V...
the mode button to select astra all transponders.works ok

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, I posted this elsewhere so it is a bit of a cut and paste, as I had the same problem on 7W, It is possible to edit all transponders on all satellites with the appropriate software, read this:-

This is information for anyone who has a Lacuna Mark 4 Digital satellite meter.
One of the problems with it is that the transponders cannot be edited by the user directly but it needs to be done via a PC.
One problem that was noted was that Nilesat 7w was not recognised as having a signal even though a signal could be received on a satellite receiver. To edit a transponder within the Meter data proceed as follows:-
1. Download "Satloader" from _http://www.metersupport.co.uk This is used to upload and download meter data to/from the meter.
2. Then a meter data editor is required. There is an editor at _http://www.metersupport.co.uk, but the zip file is password protected, for a password an email has to be sent to ask for it. However another option is to download _http://www.ssi-iraq.com/software/satmeter3.zip. It cannot communicate with the Mark 4, but it can edit the meter data.
3. Run Satmeter loader, following the instructions on _http://www.metersupport.co.uk and click on read, it will then save the meter data to a file that is chosen.
4 Run Satmeter3, edit the transponders that need editing, then save as a new file.
5. Using Satloader download the new file to the meter.
Finished!

Obviously it must be stressed, that messing with your transponder list is done at your own risk!

zac2613

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
uk
borderfox said:
Just looking for some help from current users of this Sat Meter. Bought it recently but only got the chance to play with it earlier this week. I loaded the most recent dataset on there. Then started to use it on my multi lnb dish. It works fine on the easier to get sats -but for 1*W and 16*E, I'm finding it impossible to fine tune in. I end up using a receiver and tv - for fine tuning.

These two sats are weak in my location using a T90 dish - but when tweaked, I can just about get the important channels on them.

I thought that this meter should show the transponder that I'm tuning in as well - or allow me to select different transponders??? It just gives me the option of tuning in the chosen sat for either V or H. For both of these sats, Its showing 0 for signal quality. On the receiver, I can get them to very very low SNR level (ie a couple of hundred).

Any feedback on how to use meter effectively would be appreciated!

Ha Ha Ha
Hello Borderfox funny seeing you here.
Haven't you sorted that meter out yet!

zac2613