Landrover Disc.3.-Satnav update advice,please.

benidormgary

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sigh-only Sky for now-Im back in the UK.......
My Location
Blackpool(Ex-Benidorm and Paignton)
Can anyone give me any advise that I can pass on to my friend out here regarding his Satnav system please?,

He bought his Discovery new in England 18 months ago,and had the system pre-installed there.As he lives here in Spain most of the time he had the car transferred on to Spanish plates about 9 months ago(a legal tax avoidance ploy,I think). The problem is that the system is well out of date,particulary here. He has since found out that the software was created about 18 months BEFORE he bought the car.I have tried my best to find an update on-line,without any luck.Is his only option to buy a new CD at a cost of 2-300 euros(or is it pounds)?. Seems a bit steep to me!.
Thanks for any advice.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well as you do not mention what make it is I doubt that anyone will be able to help there, but surely if Landrover supplied something already 18 months out of date (and that can be proved) they or the supplier of the system should be responsible for supplying the update not the customer. Does Bill Gates charge for all the Windows updates?

benidormgary

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sigh-only Sky for now-Im back in the UK.......
My Location
Blackpool(Ex-Benidorm and Paignton)
Topper said:
Well as you do not mention what make it is I doubt that anyone will be able to help there, but surely if Landrover supplied something already 18 months out of date (and that can be proved) they or the supplier of the system should be responsible for supplying the update not the customer. Does Bill Gates charge for all the Windows updates?

Sorry,Topper!-,I typed "Satnav" without thinking. It should have read "NAVTEQ Corporation".I did email them and they will not distribute directly.And I told them that it was out of date,but they didnt comment on that.You are right in that its a good job we dont have to pay Mr Gates for every update!.I dont think you can update this system via the web,I suspect you have to buy new every so often.-What a rip off!.I think there is a CD of some sort in the system,and I was wondering if there were any other sources besides main dealers to buy them.
Thanks,Gary

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well I do not know of any myself but I would have thought that one of these file sharing sites would have stuff like that posted, but I do not belong to any myself. However now that we know it is a NAVTEQ maybe someone will look for you..... good luck. Is there a model number or something as normally the limiting factor on stuff like this is the amount of memory the device has which limits the capability of applying updates/upgrades