losing bbc and itv in the evenings

tippytree

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
50cm dish, with Thompson LNB 4 connections. 2 are used with our 2 sky pace boxes, model 1.3.53 version 9F0C00 used with freesat cards, 2 go to the sky+ box, Pace 6.003 version 9F2204 used with full subscription.
My Location
South of France near pyrenees
Can anyone help please. We are in the south of france. A few months ago we lost channels in realy bad weather, the dish was re-aligned and since then all 3 boxes lose itv and bbc channels most evenings or give pictures that are hard to watch, bbc 2 is the worst. On the sky+ box all the other sky channels are fine in the evening. On the 2 sky boxes using freestat cards channels 4 & 5 and bbc news are fine in the evening. We have tried re-aligning but it makes no difference.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome to satellites.co.uk forum,

Assuming the set up was working fine before the first alignment for break up in bad weather; your LNB could have started to fail or get weak. You may find replacing the Quad LNb an improvement. The Invacom Quads LNb's seen to get a good write up.

Could well be dish size problems also if the fault has always been there :D

SM :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,
For the south of France, a 50cm dish is probably a little bit on the small side. Is it a Sky minidish?

I would say, get a slightly bigger dish, 70cm maybe.

Robbo:)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
2d dish size map

Attachments

• Astra2d - FRANCE.gif