malayalam channels on hotbird

moviego

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
want malayalam channels free!
My Location
belfast
hi,
i just saw on a website that it is possible to receive malayalam channel programs(asianet, kairali and amrita tv) on Hot Bird 6 at 13E as free to air.
is that true? how is it possible? what decoder/ dish/lnb required? i am in northern ireland

any help is much appreciated:)

moviego

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

Very easily.

You just need a free to air Digital satellite receiver and and a satellite dish pointed at hotbird.

I will check in a moment, to see if they are there right now.

Robbo:)

EDIT:

They are not free to air channels, they are encrypted in Viaccess. The video is in the clear but they have scrambled the audio. A banner at the bottom of screen says to subscribe call 020 8552 1211 for details. ( For Kairali and Amrita). The Asianet channel also has audio encrypted but clear video.

In which case you would need a receiver with an embedded viacess CAM, or a receiver with a CAM slot and a viaacces CAM, and a subscription card from the provider.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
This is a new gimmick, haven't seen it before. Giving free video but encrypted audio. :)
Why can't they do this for the adult channels. I can do without the audio. ;)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Malayalam channels have been doing this for years :D