Microsoft will force Windows 10 fans to change the way they access the web this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Microsoft will force Windows 10 fans to change the way they access the web this week

By DAVID SNELLING
PUBLISHED: 07:42, Mon, Apr 12, 2021 | UPDATED: 07:42, Mon, Apr 12, 2021

MICROSOFT is making a big change this week that will force Windows 10 users to switch to its latest web browsing software.

Microsoft first revealed this news late last year with the Redmond company saying that support and security upgrades for its legacy version of Edge would be ending on March 9.

With this ageing browser not getting the vital updates it needs to keep users safe online it seems Microsoft now wants to make sure everyone is moved over to its latest and greatest browsing experience.

In a post on its support page, Microsoft said: "To replace this out of support application, we are announcing that the new Microsoft Edge will be available as part of the Windows 10 cumulative monthly security update—otherwise referred to as the Update Tuesday (or “B”) release—on April 13, 2021.

"When you apply this update to your devices, the out of support Microsoft Edge Legacy desktop application will be removed and the new Microsoft Edge will be installed. The new Microsoft Edge offers built-in security and our best interoperability with the Microsoft security ecosystem, all while being more secure than Chrome for businesses on Windows 10."

Click here for the full story

Attachments

• windows 10.jpg
    windows 10.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 153,837
Let's be honest here anyone who surfs the net is leaving a digital footprint regardless of what precautions you think you may be taking. Information is king just as much as cash is
I'd say in the digital world information and cash have become synonymous. You're right that with www,Big Brother became the absolute master,more like in Qrwell's novel.More serious is that no one forces us to deliver to this digital Moloch. And we see today how enthusiasm people manifest themselves on social media without thinking about the consequences.
But because I lived physically in the world of "1984" before the political revolutions of 1989, I have a profound apprehension of any interference in my personal life. Once you've agreed to deliver yourself completely online,you've lost something important about your freedom.At least I have the illusion that I'm still keeping some of this freedom.

I'd say in the digital world information and cash have become synonymous. You're right that with www,Big Brother became the absolute master,more like in Qrwell's novel.More serious is that no one forces us to deliver to this digital Moloch. And we see today how enthusiasm people manifest themselves on social media without thinking about the consequences.
But because I lived physically in the world of "1984" before the political revolutions of 1989, I have a profound apprehension of any interference in my personal life. Once you've agreed to deliver yourself completely online,you've lost something important about your freedom.At least I have the illusion that I'm still keeping some of this freedom.
Yet you posting on an open forum?$£^& At any one time there are over 100 bots mining the information posted on here privacy?

Excuse my naivety,but I confess that I had not thought that not only personal data,but also opinions/ideas can be exploited by anyone,but especially by the wrong person.
If I understood what you meant,then my subjectivity to one theme or another might interest,say,even Chrome or another entity?
And as long as it's true,then things are much worse than I thought.And that means that any discussion, whatever its nature,can be a source of trouble.
If those "over 100 bots" are following what we're writing here and now,about browsers,then I have to censor my opinions/ideas so that I don't endanger or compromise, who knows what?That just leads to schizophrenia.
I have lived,like millions of people,in the communist regime,this state of affairs,when we have to censor ourselves.The long-term consequence is Big Brother's ultimate triumph,because that's what he wanted.
I'm sorry that what I've written now is off-topic,but your reaction has saddened me,because I know you're right,meaning there's no more private space when you're online!
Regards

"Substantial quantity" of privacy and anonymity is always possible and always available, but needs amounts of time, reading, knowledge, special setups\programs on devices, special practices & routines etc = 99.99 % of net\phone\pc users would'nt understand (or even try to understand) anything of the why's or how's, and even if some see potential personal gain in protecting themselves, find it so cumbersome, limitating and time consuming that they drop doing anything.

Most people knows as much of the inside\hidden\daily\normal workings of the net as my dog does.
Privacy for the human race at large is dead and buried.

btw, somehow related > knowledge about things, my older sister got her old phone like 10 years ago, stil working. While visiting me in Norway, I offered a local sim I had available, to swap her us card and get local calls\texts for free. Response: what's a sim card ?? one can change number on a phone ?? :oops:

Excuse my naivety,but I confess that I had not thought that not only personal data,but also opinions/ideas can be exploited by anyone,but especially by the wrong person.
If I understood what you meant,then my subjectivity to one theme or another might interest,say,even Chrome or another entity?
And as long as it's true,then things are much worse than I thought.And that means that any discussion, whatever its nature,can be a source of trouble.
If those "over 100 bots" are following what we're writing here and now,about browsers,then I have to censor my opinions/ideas so that I don't endanger or compromise, who knows what?That just leads to schizophrenia.
I have lived,like millions of people,in the communist regime,this state of affairs,when we have to censor ourselves.The long-term consequence is Big Brother's ultimate triumph,because that's what he wanted.
I'm sorry that what I've written now is off-topic,but your reaction has saddened me,because I know you're right,meaning there's no more private space when you're online!
Regards
Sorry to upset you that was never my intention, but if you did wish to know you could click on here to see the extent these bots operate on every syllable of every word typed.

Surely the bots can only crawl over the publicly open areas? Any private areas would be out of their view.

Sorry to upset you that was never my intention, but if you did wish to know you could click on here to see the extent these bots operate on every syllable of every word typed.

Without "naming names", what seems "interesting" about that list is that some browsers and search engines appear to be repeatedly targetted, whilst others are not - or am I "reading something" into what I see that is not actually true?

Last edited:
Surely the bots can only crawl over the publicly open areas? Any private areas would be out of their view.
Absolutely Paul but we are discussing open forum privacy, or are we?

Unknown pages?

Attachments

• bing.PNG
    bing.PNG
    33 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.