...more confused I get…

Tuga

Reaction score
Hi again!

I got a Manhattan DSR 5500 CI-IR satellite receiver with embedded 6 in 1 cam and running on the latest firmware. I want to buy a card for it but don’t know which to buy or which will work on this receiver. My final aim is to watch TvCabo on Hispasat 30W.

Could someone please help me? I am a complete noob and the more I read the more confused I get… :(

I really need help with:

1- Funcard6 or Titanium card or other?Answer by Razor...Titanium
2- How many do I need?Answer by Razor....One
3- Are the files needed for nagra the same for both cards? Answer by Razor...There are no fun files for newer encryptions.
4- If not which has more files & stuff available ? Answer by Razor...There is a file for the Tit called "TMB" it is like an old file for fun cards but is for the Tit card.
5- Also, will a funcard programmer work on a Titanium card?Answer by Razor....No you will need a programmer that will work in PHOENIX mode.
6- Do I need files or codes specific for my receiver?Answer By Razor...No, In most cases one file does all.
7- If not, what is available to get Tvcabo?Answer by Razor...TVcabo was open and came preloaded on the MR, May only be on Tit now.
8- If yes, where to get them?Answer by Razor try hisat.com But most of all do some reading.

I know it’s a lot of questions but believe me, these are just some of my many doubts…. :-ohmy

Thanks!

Tuga

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
The days of the funcard are pretty much over; I think this has commented this on another thread. They won't do conax or seca2 for example, and a few months ago Cabo introduced counter measures (CMD 02) which demands a faster card than your simple fun card.

So a titanium card could be the way forward, but I'm not sure about it working with the embedded CAM in the Manhattan (I used a nagra cam before and now I have a MR in my echostar 808).

You'd only need one titanium card, and a phoenix mode programmer is required. A funcard-only programmer (eg. apollo) won't do it.

Normally for nagra, you need to know the boxkey of your cam; could be in the menu for your cam ;) ! Can you find an option for that?

Before I got the MR, I used to get all my nagra stuff from www.zackyfiles.com, but it helps if you can understand a bit of Spanish.

Other sites like www.rdi-sat.com post nagra files for titanium as well, but I just had a look in a readme of one and it mentioned using a conax cam?

Perhaps somebody with a Manhattan can be more specific about whether its possible with your embedded cam ...

Another issue is cost and simplicity; unless you really want to go down the titanium card route, you might be better off buying a new cam (eg. MR, that can be loaded with fun cards) because a new card and programmer could be not far off the same price. And the cams do cabo "out of the box".

Regards

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
1- Funcard6 or Titanium card or other?
Answer by Razor...Titanium

2- How many do I need?
Answer by Razor....One

3- Are the files needed for nagra the same for both cards? Answer by Razor...There are no fun files for newer encryptions.

4- If not which has more files & stuff available ?
Answer by Razor...There is a file for the Tit called "TMB" it is like an old file for fun cards but is for the Tit card.

5- Also, will a funcard programmer work on a Titanium card?
Answer by Razor....No you will need a programmer that will work in PHOENIX mode.

6- Do I need files or codes specific for my receiver?
Answer By Razor...No, In most cases one file does all.

7- If not, what is available to get Tvcabo?
Answer by Razor...TVcabo was open and came preloaded on the MR, May only be on Tit now.

8- If yes, where to get them?
Answer by Razor try hisat.com But most of all do some reading.

Just to comfirm...If you have some cash to spare... a Tit plus MR will do most of the hacked channels.

Tuga

Reaction score
Hi!

Thanks for your help.

OK….so what you saying is that the embebed 6in1 cam on my system is useless for what I want?

You also said that the funcard days are over, but then said “you might be better off buying a new cam (eg. MR, that can be loaded with fun cards)”
Now I’m really confused…..

Regarding “a bit of Spanish” I should be Ok with that…I’m Portuguese!!!
O-Ha
If I have to buy a MR + programmer + funcards it will cost me as much as 1 year subscription for TV Cabo + SportTV….

As for the Boxkey…the receiver will only be here on the weekend so I don’t know if there is an option on the cam’s menu or not, yet…

Please forgive me if I keep on about the same but I’m just to eager…..or to thick…. QUE??? :D

Tuga

Reaction score
Thanks Razor!
I was writing the reply to Guiri!

I really need to know if there is any other channels worth watching on Hispasat apart from Cabo since the money I will have to spend is enough for the subscription anyway…

Thanks again guys!

Tuga

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
If your dish is fixed at 30W, maybe best to buy a SUB. But if you are motorised a good cam + card will come into it's own. As there is a fair amount of stuff hacked at the moment.

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
Hi Tuga

Errr... I assumed you had a funcard programmer, sorry :) .

If you buy an MR now, you could make sure it comes preloaded with at least 1.070 firmware, then you won't need anything else to use it for cabo. You'd only need the programmer if you wanted to upgrade to 1.080 (or 1.081) which is better for use with titanium card for conax, and also for seca2.

I can still get Gran Via on hispasat (3 channels) but that's about it. I just got my dish motorised because I was bored once Digital Plus went to nagra2.

If you will be fixed dish at hispasat, maybe you can do it cheaper than an MR (or other cam), if you are motorised, then a new cam makes more sense.

Pop over to zackyfiles forum, half the posts are in portuguese anyway.

boa sorte

Tuga

Reaction score
Obrigado!

Just 1 more ….please!

When u say u can get Gran Via on hispasat (3 channels), U mean that AND Cabo right?

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
Yeah, so far cabo are still using the original nagravision, so all the nagravision emulators will work for cabo as well as the remaining Digital Plus channels (Gran Via, also Canal 18).

The ones I used to use had space for cabo and digital plus keys - some of the emulators are auto update, some you have to enter the keys every time they change (with via digital it was right before the Real Madrid games!).

You might also find you can use your receiver with something like an nx universal card (it's like a fun card, but a lot faster - see the sponsors banner adverts on zacky). It's a lot cheaper than a titanium card as well (you'd still need an apollo IV programmer or equivalent).

Regards

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
Tuga

chrislloret has posted (here) that cabo are sending out nagra2 cards to subscribers, and also www.lyngsat.com lists (here) that cabo are now broadcasting in nagra1 and nagra2. So it's only a matter of time before nagra1 will be turned off.

If you simply want to enjoy the TV, a subscription may actually be a more cost effective option!