i get about 40% quality do i need move dish or is to far away
also not sure what live feeds are

ps im well adicted to this at mo much better then crapy sly

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
What are you pointing at ? If you mean 30w then yes you should have no problem in the UK with a well setup 80cm dish. Try 11731H 28120 good strong transponder with 91-92% sig and 100q here with this dish.

Live feeds are the raw output from a transmission on the ground somewhere before they are edited in some way. They could be anything, but are usually news or sports events.

L. :)

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Lancelot said:
What are you pointing at ? If you mean 30w then yes you should have no problem in the UK with a well setup 80cm dish. Try 11731H 28120 good strong transponder with 91-92% sig and 100q here with this dish.

Live feeds are the raw output from a transmission on the ground somewhere before they are edited in some way. They could be anything, but are usually news or sports events.

Multicanal is on 11535v 24500. Weak signal. I manage it only just with a 1m, south uk.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
How bizzare -
73% sig and 100%q on that one, steady as a rock. These old SS1's are not as deaf as reported then obviously,

L.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Wow! Mine is only 60%sig 45%q both in the xtreme and the dreambox, 1m dish with sharp 0.3 lnb. Looks like ss1 is a clear winner ! I can make mine a bit sharper with fine adjustment, but the problem is that both sol esp and melody arabia (7w) are among our favourite channels, and if I improve one the other goes down. Regards.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
It seems quite a touchy little thing . I can fiddle the dish in 8 arc minute steps and even half of a degree of movement drops it down into the mid 50s or so.

Will keep an eye on this one against the others on there next time we get some decent rain.

pothead13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci + 1000d super +
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
uk
Lancelot said:
How bizzare -
73% sig and 100%q on that one, steady as a rock. These old SS1's are not as deaf as reported then obviously,

L.

wow i dont get 100% on any sats

astra19E

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital - Freeview - FTA Digital Satellite (19E) - Broadband
My Location
S. Lanarkshire
Me either. But mid 80s-90s is fine for me :)

Tore567

Reaction score
Lancelot,

I read your reply to pothead13, regarding 30 west. I'm presently trying too to receive 30 West, using a 1 metre dish. Would be grateful if you could provide me with the PIDs for video, audio, PCR, for the frequency you gave to pothead13, so that I can scan for and capture this service as video and audio.. (So a picture will show if the dish hits the sat more to the point...)
I'm mainly after clear, strong, frequencies on 30 west. If you can provide me with some more, it would be much appreciated! I need the PIDs in order to do an advanced search with a nodia. I'm located in County Cork, Ireland.

I've tried to email you, personel message you, but can't either

Best Regards,
Tore567

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
You will find all this info in w*w.lyngsat.com. Most working transponders on 30w are very strong, only a few weak ones. Regards, pcd.

Tore567

Reaction score
..thanks for getting back to me PCD, am checking out the frequencies now for 30W, on lyngsat. I'm going to look for an analogue, as it's easier to catch a sat that way.. (but thanks for letting me know beforehand they are strong transmissions.) ..if not, I'll settle for clear digital.. ..was about to try earlier on, but realised I hadn't the PIDs for the frequency given by Lancelot.

Best Regards
Tore567

Tore567

Reaction score
PCD,

I checked out lyngsat.. I understand the video, audio PIDs .. But can't find the PCR. Is the PCR also important? Maybe you could come back to me and straighten me out here? Thanks again for earlier help!

Best Regards,
Tore567

pothead13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci + 1000d super +
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
uk
i never need to put pid in

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Tore567 said:
PCD,

I checked out lyngsat.. I understand the video, audio PIDs .. But can't find the PCR. Is the PCR also important? Maybe you could come back to me and straighten me out here? Thanks again for earlier help!

Best Regards,
Tore567

I don't know what receiver you have. Normally, for a non-motorised dish, you search for the signal by moving the dish up and down/sideways using a signal meter or an analog receiver (if you have one). Once a signal comes through, use your digital receiver and do an 'automatic scan'. You don't need to put in any freq, pid etc. This should pick up some channels.Otherwise you can do a 'manual scan' for a transponder. Again in the receivers I am aware of, don't need pid etc, although the manual input option is sometimes there. Regards.