Echostar AD3000-IP,
Manhattan Plaza ST100,
Gibertini 1m Dish,
Inverto Silver Tech 0.2,
Polar Mount,
12 Inch Actuator.
My Location
Bradford, W Yorks
Hi everyone and thanks for a great site.

I've been lurking for a while to get the feel of the site before I posted for the first time but here goes...

I moved house about 14 months ago and have just got to the stage where I can get my motorised system back in action. At my previous address, I had a Triax 88cm dish on a Silent Gold 99 H-H feeding my Echostar AD3000-IP. As it was monted on the chimney stack of a tall mid-terrace with nothing stopping the wind from the west for miles, the dish got a bit battered by strong gales and wasn't as dishlike as it once was.

The receiver and the motor are both fine but I went out and bought a new dish. I came home with an ISS 1 metre.

I have put in a ground post for it but I'm having second thoughts about the position and how wise it would be... Here are some pictures (taken on a poxy, POXY phone camera) of the situation.

I'd like opinions on the following please:

1. Am I having a laugh if I put the motorised dish here, bearing in mind that the pole, motor and dish stand nearly 2 metres high.

2. Should I just put it on the wall above the minidish on the rear corner of my house instead?

3. If I do that, will the roof/chimney stack get in the way of the westerly birds?

Here are my dodgy snaps...

The first pic is looking north at the pole...
The second is south (down the grove is just about due south)
The third is south-east...

Sorry about the quality of those pics, they are rather dire.

Thanks.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
You can't put a 1m dish on a chimney these days. A wall mount might give you better line of site? If the wall faces south (dead south) you can just get 30W before the dish hits the wall ;)

dago

Reaction score
hi m8, a one meter dish on the roof might not be safe.
but you can pole-mount it easy, use a three in pole as it stops
the wind from vibrating it, an old cast iron down pipe should do
the job.

regards and good luck.

femto

Ey up, Sither!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3000-IP,
Manhattan Plaza ST100,
Gibertini 1m Dish,
Inverto Silver Tech 0.2,
Polar Mount,
12 Inch Actuator.
My Location
Bradford, W Yorks
mhku said:
If you delete your photos I'll upload resized ones that fit on the page?

Yes sorry about that. I realised as soon as I saw it. I've altered them to 700x525...is that an okay size? I can make them smaller if you'd prefer.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Did it with atts.

L.:)

femto

Ey up, Sither!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3000-IP,
Manhattan Plaza ST100,
Gibertini 1m Dish,
Inverto Silver Tech 0.2,
Polar Mount,
12 Inch Actuator.
My Location
Bradford, W Yorks
dago,

Yeah I thought it might be a bit dicey. I've already mixed the concrete and put the pole up, as the photos kind of badly show... It's as solid as a rock as there's 8 cubic feet of concrete there (2ft square and 2ft deep). I'm just a little worried about the prospects of it getting bricks thrown at it.

The thought didn't even cross my mind at first. I know I'm going to get good results as far as performance goes. What I don't know is how long it'll last. The back garden is a non-starter as it's minute and east-facing. I thought that where the pole is on the photos was the best spot. Maybe I should just move house.......:-doh!

femto

Ey up, Sither!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3000-IP,
Manhattan Plaza ST100,
Gibertini 1m Dish,
Inverto Silver Tech 0.2,
Polar Mount,
12 Inch Actuator.
My Location
Bradford, W Yorks
To blazes with it. I want to get feed hunting (maybe with a Manhattan Plaza later). I'll put it on the pole and if it gets abused, I'll have learnt something. It's not as if I don't have my trusty 60cm in the back garden! O-Ha