Need Details about CAMS ?!

assadi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Bahrain, Middle East
I have an ID-Digital receiver with one CI, and i want to watch the world cup, or in other words, i would like to decrypt the scrambled channels. i dont know much about cams and how they works, and are they a subscribtion thing or not... But i thought if there is a CAM which can be update easily and has a system like the patched receivers, which by u can enter codes.. Becaues i heared that the codes are being changed very frequently, and i think it is not much of use if the cam codes cant be upgraded to the knew ones. and i dont know they work, and i need an adivce on which kinds of cams is better and how they work... I know that my question is not gonna be answered quickly, because it sounds like i dont know nothing about cams, and thats kinda true, i just started to get more interests in this field and so does most others, and its all becaues of the world cup..

Thanks in advance

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum assadi

Well yes it seems you have a lot to learn. If you read up on the cam in the that particular section of the forum you will soon see that the Dragon/Trex is the one to get, but you will have to learn how to use it and program it but there is plenty of help available here. There are other cost involved of course as you will need some way to program it as well. I think you have left it a bit late for this world cup but you will be well educated by the next Euro championships :rolleyes:

assadi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Bahrain, Middle East
Thanks for your reply Topper,

So you mentioned about other cost involved, can you tell me such as what, and is it worthy or is it better to get a receiver that accepts key codes..

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
By other costs I was meaning perhaps a cas 3 programmer but I do not know prices just do a search on Google and you will find many places. It is true it may be cheaper for you to buy a technomate 1500 and use patch it but it is really horses for courses depending on your viewing interests

assadi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Bahrain, Middle East
Well, im NOT interested in mature content and other stuff, my main concern is toward sports and not just football, but all kind of sports.. So what do you suggest its better for me to do ?!

assadi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Bahrain, Middle East
i did some readings about the dragon cam and it sound very good, and not much expensive as i thought, but what confused me that it mentioned that it comes with a subscription card, im not sure what exactly meant by that, because i live in the middle east, and i dont think that dragon cam is available here in the market, so if i got it online, would it work fine with me, and how long it will be usefull, (such as how long would be work effeciently with me, or does it get out-dated)..

Thanks in advance

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
The newer Dragon/T-Rex Cams, have a SIM slot for an INXTC/XPlus adult card, and a 9 month subscription, these channels are available on 13E, and 10E, the only other card it requires is a loader card, etiher a Fun Card 7 or a PIC f84a card.
You update the CAM firmware using the loader card, a card programmer, or a CAS 3.

assadi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Bahrain, Middle East
So you say that if i dont use the SIM card, it will work fine to decrypt all other normal channels, other than adult channels i mean, right. Correct me if i am wrong..

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
There aren't a lot of packages open at the moment, but the Dragon Cam will open what is available on emulation, once the latest Predator firmware is loaded.