New SF Image out with Enigma

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
First Public Beta ENIGMA on Triple Dragon
Full Version 8mb
sf_img_8MB_20060603.bin
logo+booloader+kernel+rootfs+var
Enigma for the Triple Dragon.
Beta Version.

Download from _www.ump2002.net

Looks like we'll be perusing the Dreambox section for some info on Enigma O-Ha

Llew

Nickle

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon
My Location
UK
Go on, let the new boy in on the secret. What is enigma? And by the way what's happened to the forum on which you are magwitch?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
It's the firmware that came with the Dreambox, much like the 'official' image on the TD.

As with the TD, developers can base their own unofficial images on this firmware.

Haven't tried the SF image yet, still buggy apparently.

Yes there are some problems accessing that site as I speak, it's been snail-slow for some days.

Llew

Nickle

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon
My Location
UK
Llew said:
Yes there are some problems accessing that site as I speak, it's been snail-slow for some days.

Looks like it's toasted at present! 'O'

So, this image not for the faint hearted then!

Once this is stable would it enable all the dreambox facilities such as streaming to be used on a TD? But I suppose you would start to ask the question as to why not go and buy a Dreambox as opposed to a TD?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nickle said:
But I suppose you would start to ask the question as to why not go and buy a Dreambox as opposed to a TD?

Exactly. But why settle for second best - we now have a receiver with added value - Enigma features you can play with, or go back to the continually developing TD images.

Streaming is possible with the TD BTW - libstreaming12.

Llew

Nickle

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon
My Location
UK
Llew said:
Streaming is possible with the TD BTW - libstreaming12.

Yes but for example there is an XBMC python script capability that allows streaming from a Dreambox. Currently I use 2 XBOXs as my main media clients: Music, photos, video from NAS and recorded TV from Tivo. But I would need a suitable codec / media player for XBMC to be able to play the files from the TD.

As a completely different point, (I should really start a new post but can't be bothered) Do you know of any work on a web interface for the TD that actually provides remote control functionality? e.g. changing channels?