New & Very Confused! Where did my channels go?

newbiest

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 satellite dishes and a VisionNet VN-8000S receiver
My Location
Israel
Hi, I'm veyr new to this whole satellite system bit. I signed up less than a year ago, and for the most part it always worked well. But over time, I've lost more and more channels. Some I've found elsewhere, but most just come in as scrambled. Where do they go? Please help!

A little background:
I'm an American currently in the Israel and was convinced to purchase a satellite system. It worked great at first ut don't even know what that means and my installer sort of dissapeared! I have 3 satellite dishes on my apt. and am supposed to get:

Nile
Hotbird
Amos
Arab 2D, 2C, 3A

So channels that once came in either no longer do, or are now some other channel (not in English). All of my Arab 2D, 2C, 3A channels come in as scrambled. A lot of Hotbird channels are gone and there are supposed to be some new Nile channels. Also, channel 1 and 33 in Israel are supposed to have switched from Hotbird to Amos. But I can't get either. I have a VisionNet VN-8000S satellite receiver.

And please, please, please use lay terms. I don't know what these different frequencies, TP or any of this stuff means!! Are there any website that teach the very basics? They all seem so technical or use abbreviations for words that I obviously should know, but don't yet. THANK YOU!!

moosegoose

bog standard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish hh motor teco tm1000 dreambox 7020
cas 3interface
dragon cam.promax tv explorer 2.
My Location
norwich
start by doing a channel scan. satellite channels move about .and they might need tunning in .ps dont ask to many Q at once it confusing.