Newbie...Wanting to watch more

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
Hi guys..

I dunno whether you allow blatant talk to stuff such as this (not many forums seem to)..so sorry if I'm breaking any rules here..

I currently have a FTA digital and analogue sat setup which is usually on 19.2e, but I have in the past recieved 28.2e, 13e and 16e with it.

After looking at lyngsat, I've noticed theirs some very cool stuff on 19.2e and 13e which is encrypted...

I'm not THAT interested in sports, ppv or adult stuff (although it would be a bonus), but just some of the basic stuff like MTV Spain, MTV France, etc. interests me.

I know much about satellites but have never dabbled in the areas of CAMS/Cards/hacking/card programing/etc..

All I use atm is a silver pace Sky digibox (all i could afford) and I am aware I'd have to get a new "european sat" box to decrypt channels.

Could anyone point me in the right direction, with regards too how much the stuff will cost, what I will need, how simple it is, any useful websites of reference etc.

Thanks a lot guys..
If this contravines forum rules then mods feel free to delete and my apologies

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
Also sorry if this is in the wrong forum area :(

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
There is no problem with either of your posts :)

There are loads of similar posts to yours here, and many of them have very comprehensive answers.

Try searching the forum (very powerful function in the menu bar here), or just browsing some of the most likely sections and you will get everything you need.

If you get stuck, or can't find what you want, post back here and I'll direct you.

Not much stuff 'open' at the moment, but there is some. Grab it while you can. You can even do it with software patches on some boxes and save all the hassle and money of cards and CAMs.

STICK

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
dvmedia said:
Could anyone point me in the right direction, with regards too how much the stuff will cost, what I will need, how simple it is, any useful websites of reference etc.

If I was you, I would buy myself a Technomate TM-1500ci+ receiver for about £100-130 (see the_wizzz review in "Reciever Reviews"), wonder in their user friendly system, and then download yourself a "patch" from Alsat.
You won't go far wrong with that.
Happy hunting
Rob

(God it's number 500)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Whoo-Hoo!!! The big 0.5K for Rob!

Congrats!!!

And yes, the TM1500Ci + does get a lot of votes. Nice piece of kit. Good quality, and room for expansion as well.

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sounds very cool. What will it enable me to recieve (basically what encryption can it break)?

What Cams and Cards will I need/would you recommend?

I'm interested in watching channels on 19.2e and 13e mainly encrypted in mediaguard 2, nagravision 2, conax, Irdeto 2, Viaccess 2.5, Betacrypt and Cryptoworks.

Thanks for the help guys :) Much appreciated.

Ps. I am aware that at least one of the above encryption methods has probably not been compromised yet..

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Happy 500 Rob. :)

@dvmedia. All but a couple are not available. You really need to read through the different sections of the forum to find a little more info.