No idea what im doing

fernadez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm-3100d
My Location
London
Hello All,
After getting pissed off with sky (again) and the football season starting on saturday, i went to a local satellite shop and ended up buying a TM 3100 with Hotbird and Astra, along with a new dish.

Even though i know its a bit late to ask I am wondering if i did the right thing?

All im interested in watching is
Foortball (premership and european)
Some Films
Some xxx channels.

Is my equipment capable of receiving this, i've been told yes but people will say anything for a sale.

p.s I cant find sky sports news and my tv/radio button doesnt appear to be working.

Any help would be very very gratefully received.

Cheers

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
So lets be clear here you have connected up the receiver and have managed to acquire some channels. Your dish can only point at one satellite at a time unless it is motorised however you say
with hotbird and astra
So have you bought a monobloc lnb? or is it motorised? or are you using a bracket and 2nd lnb? Or are you falling for the normal newbie trap of pointing at one satellite and receiving channels which you think are on another simply because they share the same frequency, polarity, FEC and SR as the channels on the other satellite.
More information is needed for example what channels are you receiving? However, I can tell you that skysports will not be received on either Hotbird or Astra 1 as all Sky and freeview are transmitted from Astra 2 and Eurobird 1 at 28.2E and 28.5E respectively.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

What size dish did you get? measure it accross.

I don't think you choice of receiver was that good, as the TM3100 has not got a card reader, so if you did decide to get a subscription of some sort (Digitalb for example) you would have nowhere to slot the card.

Also a monoblock (if that is what you have) is fairly limiting, a motorised dish is better.

I believe you may be able to upgrade the TM to add a card reader though, and if the dish is worthwhile, you could stick a motor on it.

Robbo:)