Octagon SX8 access to you tube and iptv

Tomhoban

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Octagon sx8, dish
My Location
London
Hi all

I can access FTA German. Now trying to access internet services e.g. you tube.
plugging in a wifi network adaptor did not help. Still shows “no device” in network set up.

Do I need a cam or card to get this working? There is a slot for conax.

any help appreciated.

Tom

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
No CAM or card should be needed. Which wifi adapter are you using?

Tomhoban

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Octagon sx8, dish
My Location
London
It’s a Cudy AC1300 wireless dual band usb adaptor. I set it up on a laptop for wireless adapter mode. There was a soft AP mode but also. Quite likely I have not do e this step correctly?

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Chances are the receiver does not have the drivers for that particular dongle. You can get Octagon branded dongles that should work, though thanks to the B word they are less widely available at reasonable cost than they used to be. If you can find out the chipset the Octagon dongle uses, you may be able to source a cheaper one, but no guarantees it'll work.

Tomhoban

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Octagon sx8, dish
My Location
London
Hi Ozumo

I got a Octogan WL 048 and that did work. I have managed to connect to the wifi and there is a section utilities and within that various services (stream IPTV; stalker, you tube , Meggoo). . Now to figure out the next steps.