Paksat 1R 38E

John

John

Enthusiast.
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
Typical, I switch the feed over to Ku-Band and there is a glut fest of increased signal levels that you boys are mopping up. I am gonna return to this satellite at some point with a dish worthy of the challenge, my wimpy 2.0m bin lid just aint up to the task for sucking decent juice from this bird.

... 3mtr Mesher ??

M

moonbase

Small Dish Man
My Satellite Setup
2.0m Precision
My Location
UK
... 3mtr Mesher ??

Yet to be decided, looking at options and ease of mounting without a huge amount of fabrication work onto my existing Precision polar mounts and ground stands. No wad shelled out for now, just on the sniff for something suitable.

nelson_b

nelson_b

Contributor
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving 1.8 C.M. offset + Inverto Black Ultra twin + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 and Skybox/Openbox M3 - HD receivers.+ other dishes in use - 2.4 CM offset - Alcoa 1.8 P.F. - C.M. 120.
My Location
north west yorkshire
Typical, I switch the feed over to Ku-Band and there is a glut fest of increased signal levels that you boys are mopping up. I am gonna return to this satellite at some point with a dish worthy of the challenge, my wimpy 2.0m bin lid just aint up to the task for sucking decent juice from this bird.
I think it my be that "old"- (20 years maybe) Gardinier Block/flange .l.n.b. that i fitted a few days ago that helped with those last two t.p,s .... it had the edge on some frequencies over the l.n.b.f,s when i did some comparisons the other day.

I,m going to turn the arrangement 90 degrees this afternoon for H transponders and optimize it for 3834 H 6500 ... my original target here ... as it has the one channel on it (8XM) that i would actually spend time watching here on Paksat .. i used to receive this channel and "Jalwa" another music video channel until they changed frequency and upgraded to -S2 8PSK etc.

This will probably be my last ditch effort here before i go back to K/u again for a while ...
I look forward to seeing some results from you with a 3 meter dish in the near future - @moonbase :cool:

nelson_b

nelson_b

Contributor
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving 1.8 C.M. offset + Inverto Black Ultra twin + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 and Skybox/Openbox M3 - HD receivers.+ other dishes in use - 2.4 CM offset - Alcoa 1.8 P.F. - C.M. 120.
My Location
north west yorkshire
No chance or receiving my original target - 3834 H 6500 - here, my best effort was 2.5 db short of lock.
So that,s it from this sat for now ... the dish has been returned to k/u again for a while ... tracking down weak signals from here was enjoyable though, and kept me part occupied through the x mas / new year period.

M

moonbase

Small Dish Man
My Satellite Setup
2.0m Precision
My Location
UK
No chance or receiving my original target - 3834 H 6500 - here, my best effort was 2.5 db short of lock.
So that,s it from this sat for now ... the dish has been returned to k/u again for a while ... tracking down weak signals from here was enjoyable though, and kept me part occupied through the x mas / new year period.

Yes, 38.0 East has been an interesting and sometimes frustrating satellite to scan this past month or so.

If you have the 2.4m CM back on Ku-Band with the Ku LNB at the focus there are some feeds on the Middle East beam from 39.0 East that offer a little bit of a challenge. The 11450 - 11580 MHz range on 39.0 East has feeds in DVB-S2 8PSK with FEC of 5/6 requiring 9.4dB for a lock. I have been hovering a couple of dB below a lock with the Precision 2.0m dish but your 2.4m CM should be capable of getting them?

nelson_b

nelson_b

Contributor
My Satellite Setup
My Location
north west yorkshire
Yes, 38.0 East has been an interesting and sometimes frustrating satellite to scan this past month or so.

If you have the 2.4m CM back on Ku-Band with the Ku LNB at the focus there are some feeds on the Middle East beam from 39.0 East that offer a little bit of a challenge. The 11450 - 11580 MHz range on 39.0 East has feeds in DVB-S2 8PSK with FEC of 5/6 requiring 9.4dB for a lock. I have been hovering a couple of dB below a lock with the Precision 2.0m dish but your 2.4m CM should be capable of getting them?
O.K - M.B. - Will have a look there when i have the chance ... Poor weather forecast for the next day or two up here in the north - possible strong winds.

John

John

Enthusiast.
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.

... just had a quick look at that 3834 H signal out of curiousity Nelson but due to the strong LHC signal on the same freq next door at 40°E i stood no chance