Panasonic CRT TX-28DTX10 tuning problems post retune day

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Went to see a suspected aerial problem today, the above TV would not tune the BBC multiplex on channel 50 from Hannington.

Tested on the meter, good signal at 47db all excellent quality readings. The owner phoned Panasonic who are sending out a card to plug into the back (not sure which type), but it will make up for the lack of updates to the set, which had auto updates enabled, but the software for some reason hadn't updated.

The problem is caused by the old software having a preset limit on the number of channels which can be stored, an update will change the parameter and allow for a full channel scan.

So for anyone else with a similar problem, it may well be your TV's software.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Hi Rolf ...
I had a similar problem on a different brand of TV a few weeks back ...
The solution came in the form of an update for the sets freeview firmware on a specially prepared compact flash card ..
The card of course could not be plugged directly into the TV ...but required obtaining a pcmcia to compact flash adapter..
This could then be plugged directly into the cam slot 'assuming your set has one' ...
The upgrade process was then fully automated ...as the set reads the firmware on power up..
I suspect yours might require a similar operation.
rgds
VS

ps ...If you manage to get hold of this card ..
any chance you could grab a copy of the contents ?
usually a binary or executable file ..
I have no doubt I will need this flash myself at some point in the course of my job..
once I have the firmware ...I can write my own upgrade card for this model..
cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Apparently it is a PCMCIA module, which carries the appropriate software. If I have time to get a look I will, but it may not be possible, the customer I believe will be asked to return the CAM after use.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Probably what our sony IDTV needs, though I have yet to hear back from them about it... :rolleyes:

kenny1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised ASC 1.2m,1224 Supermount with C120 Invacom Quad LNB with Matched Feedhorn.
My Location
Scunthorpe
I ve just called to one of my customers who has a panasonic tv, whilst I was there he contacted panasonic direct they informed him that on Monday at 11.50am on BBC 1 a software upgrade will be run to cure the problems as such a back log of peeps wanting a cam.

Nice of them :) only prob round here is BBC channels are the last ones to be picked up so tuner drives straight past and doesn't store them.

It's a case of trial and error removing the aerial from the back of the set to miss a multiplex thus allowing BBC to be added

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
All older Panasonic/Quintrex TVs will have the same problem, as do the TUCT 20-40 boxes.
It may still nt be possible to put the channels in the right order after upgrading.

For 15 quid and a trip to Argos, they could get a new fangled Freeview jobbie for their TV, no installer/Cam upgrade required.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Just for the heck of it, I've set our Sony TV to BBC1 too, so, I dunno, maybe there'll be a Sony update too, doubtful though... :-rofl2

kenny1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised ASC 1.2m,1224 Supermount with C120 Invacom Quad LNB with Matched Feedhorn.
My Location
Scunthorpe
2cvbloke said:
Just for the heck of it, I've set our Sony TV to BBC1 too, so, I dunno, maybe there'll be a Sony update too, doubtful though... :-rofl2

There are some sony download's next week see below

_http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/download_schedule.php

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
kenny1234 said:
There are some sony download's next week see below

_http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/download_schedule.php

Hmm, none for the KD-28DL10U, probably "too old" for them to fix... :rolleyes: