Passion+ timer 'bug'

icarusi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion+
My Location
UK
It seems that if you don't set the menu>settings>time settings>user time settings, to 'on', and to the current time (and date), scheduled timer settings from standby will not operate correctly.

With 'user time settings' set to 'off', programming the timer, then using standby seems to 'default' 'user time settings' to 'on' but with the value of when the schedule timer was last used, so it's trailing the timer controlling the VFD. This results in the receiver 'waking' 1 minute ahead of the scheduled recording time (as per VFD display) but not changing to the correct channel or commencing recording.

You can check for this problem by looking at the clock display at the top RH corner of the 'timer' page. If it isn't showing the current time after any 'timer' recording problem, then the 'user time setting' is incorrect.

Presumably the receiver from standby is only looking at the 'user time setings' (s/w 1.03) for it's 'recording timer' rather it's VFD timer, which show current time. I don't know if the new s/w corrects this 'bug'.

icarusi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion+
My Location
UK
icarusi said:
With 'user time settings' set to 'off', programming the timer, then using standby seems to 'default' 'user time settings' to 'on' but with the value of when the schedule timer was last used, so it's trailing the timer controlling the VFD. This results in the receiver 'waking' 1 minute ahead of the scheduled recording time (as per VFD display) but not changing to the correct channel or commencing recording.

Whatever it is, the failure of the UK EPG timer to work correctly put the above into perspective. Fiddling in the 'menus' should *not* be required to make a simple scheduled recording. The P+ is not 'fit for purpose'.