PID Scanner? Please help

Benji

Reaction score
Hi,

i'm new to this site so sorry if i am repeating on a topic already covered.

Basically, i want to view a channel that uses MPEG2 4:2:2 but changes its PID's on a daily basis.

Does anyone know of a program or device that can scan frequencies for their PID values?

Thanks in advance :)

nobann

Reaction score
there's a program that do exactly what u want, it's a progdvb plugin named pidscanner
check it in progdvb website! that's the only thing I know, Hope U got a dvb card :)

Benji

Reaction score
Thanks!

Ok then, another question, i'm looking into getting a PCI card to use with Prog DVB for the PID scanner plugin. I've looked at a couple of cards and they all seem to have similar specs. The two values that concern me are Recieving Freq: 950~2150Mhz and Symbol Rate:1~45. The channels i am interested in alway have a freq of 11500+ and symbol rate of 5000+

Does this mean im screwed? Are there any other options?

Thanks in advance

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The LNB on the end of the dish is designed to convert the incoming frequency down from microwaves (10 - 12 GHz) , into something that passes down the cable (1 - 2 GHz) , so it should be OK.

A frequency of 11.5 GHz will be output from a universal LNB at 1750 MHz or 1.75 GHz

Benji

Reaction score
Hi thanks for your reply to my post. What is your view on the symbol rate? The PCI cards say 1-45 whereas im usually need a symbol rate of 3000+. Does this matter? I use a Tandberg 4:2:2 Reciever, i would only be using a PCI card along with ProgDVB for the PID codes.

philip24

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Benji said:
Hi thanks for your reply to my post. What is your view on the symbol rate? The PCI cards say 1-45 whereas im usually need a symbol rate of 3000+. Does this matter? I use a Tandberg 4:2:2 Reciever, i would only be using a PCI card along with ProgDVB for the PID codes.

Doesn't the Tandberg have all these PID values in the menu?

Which T'berg do you have?

1-45 means MSymbols, so 3 MSyms/sec is O.K.

Benji

Reaction score
Well as you can probably tell, i don't know sqwat about Satellites lol. I don't actually have the Tandberg system yet but it is the TT1260. I was lead to believe this wouldn't find out the PID codes for me though?

philip24

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That's a professional model. How much did you pay for it? This is one of the most recent models brought out by Tandberg.

I think if you scroll through the menus, most information will be available. I have one, so I will be able to tell you in about one week. I'm almost 100% for the VPID; APID; PCR. But I will check.