playback & timeshift on hd channels jumpy/glitchy

mclarnonray

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra 28.2, dreambox 800hd pvr
My Location
n. ireland
I'm the owner of dm800hd clone box, I have gemini 4.6 installed along with cccam 2.2.1, oscam 1.00, newcs 1.67. Whenever i record or pause sd channels there's no problem, but when i do the same on hd channels the playback is jumpy and unwatchable. Have searched hi and lo for an answer to this with no luck. Have my box working perfect apart from this and dont really want to flash another image to find i've the same problems. Has anyone else experienced this or know an easy cure. I'm recording to a 32gb usb stick.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Jumping / glitching sounds like a processor struggling to deal with all the data and dropping frames. It may be an indication of a cheaply built clone.

What happens when you timeshift one of the free HD channels?

mclarnonray

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
n. ireland
Have the same issues with fta hd channels also, was wondering would it be the usb flash drive not being able to handle it ??

calvinsmit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pas7/10
My Location
south africa
I also think it is the USB speed. I have a similar problem.Havent had time to get to the bottom of it

mclarnonray

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
n. ireland
Tried setting up a hard drive at the start. Tried doing it through the usb but the hdd make a shocking grinding noise, then tried it though the esata with no further joy. Didn't want to go internal as i heard that it heats the boxes up even further, so just stuck with a 32gb stick