My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum oozy

BEFORE ANYONE ASKS - YES I HAVE READ THE GUIDES
But forgot to read the rules presumably

1st problem, follow the rules and do not post your Email on open forum

2nd problem typing in uppercase is considered shouting you need to read the rules

3rd problem, you will only get sky with a valid subscription card and you do not say you have one. Sky is not compromised in any way yes you can now view sky on a DB if it is set up correctly but with a valid viewing card only

4th problem, This is a self help forum, whilst people will always try to help with the odd problem nobody has time to hold your hand through all that list of requirements, the idea of a forum is that you read about others people's experiences and learn what to do and what not to do. But you have to do the leg work and read the appropriate sections.

5th problem, you mention you would like someone local to come and help you out but in your profile you have put your location as UK how does that let people willing to help you out know where you are?

You may think I am being harsh but unfortunately rules are there to be followed not broken.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Hi oozy and welcome to the forum.
You have a great system so try to make the best out of it.
From my short experience in this forum, I can only say that there are a lot of members here who are willing and ready to help, if only one knows how to ask nicely.

Can you please repost your message into proper English and with less demanding tone so that other members can understand what you are trying to say and give them the will to help you.
I personnally get blurred vision trying to read something typed only in CAPs.
(That's why I accept all these software install terms of condition without even reading it) :)

oozy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s
Samsung 37" HD 1080
EchoStar - used to move dish
BIG motorized dish
Home network with Internet 2 pcs
Original xbox
xbox360
My Location
UK
Ok here goes
Sorry for shouting previously - didnt mean to...
I have read guides and just want simple non jargon english answers.

Feel free to email or msn me directly

I am based Wrexham, North Wales UK
I am willing to pay someone if needs be (within reason) to come and show me how to setup satelite and dreambox properly.

I am hoping to resolve on here first.

AIMS:
1) To get some of the major channels like taquila + canal+ working
2) To have keys automatically update via internet connection
4) Want to watch dreambox on my pc via network (VLAN) ???
5) Be able to record programes to pc hdd and be able to watch
6) To watch films from my pc hdd on the dreambox - via a network connection ???
7) Can my dish work off my dreambox directly or do I have to continue using my echostar for the power needed to move motor ???
8) Anyway to delete movie recordings from dreambox directly without having to use the pc interface

I HAVE A DREAMBOX 7000S WITH HDD INSTALLED, TESTED AND WORKING.
GEMINI 4 IMAGE INSTALLED
ECHOSTAR FOR MOIVING MY DISH
HOME NETWORK WITH VISTA AND XP PC'S
ROUTER AND INTERNET CONNECTION
ORIGINAL XBOX +mod
XBOX360 +mod

I have flashed dreambox with gemini 4 image and seems to be working.
Common interface ??? how do i put enigma etc on - do i need to ???
I have evocam and camd + keys - how do i set them up though as not sure what goes where.

I tried updateing via gemini server and it brought something down but dont know if it installed correctly or where it went. Also some say update failed - why? Also says not enough disk room left - I have a 160gig hdd installed!!!

PLEASE can someone help me step by step
I am available on msn for instant chat.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
oozy you are doing it again
remove your e-mail address immediately !!!

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S & 7020s. Technomate 9100 & 1500. Force frontier fixed, Raven 90 fixed, Triax 90 motorised dish. Diablo & dragon cams.
My Location
South West
Can you clarify exactly how far you have got?
- Have you configured & scanned the satellites, ie set up motor/switch.
- Is your network setup to pc & internet ok, & do you have DCC (dreambox control center) installed on pc & configured ok.
If yes, then use the dreambox to download a cam,(assume from above post you know how to do this) say Mgcamd ,when installed select it by blue button and scrolling along (from common interface) & use green button to start.
Install keys via pc & DCC try satankeybundle, use lower file, (think bz2) and transfer it to the VAR/TMP folder. You will then in turn need to goto (dream)addons and manual install, then select/restart emu as described above. Then see if D+ (taquila) is clearing.
This may seem a bit much to take in, but see how you go and ask again.
As stated above there are some excellent guides on this site, but you must take your time and follow the proceedures slowly.
Regards,
Ollie
-

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
There is a USB connector at the back of the 7000S
Buy a USB stick 1GB or larger and then read the following thread on how to mount the var subfolder into it.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/7000/105622-usb-flash-7000s.html

This will enable you to download as many plugins, cams, etc as you wish. Otherwise you will get the dreadful error message about there is not enough memory.
Welcome aboard.

oozy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s
Samsung 37" HD 1080
EchoStar - used to move dish
BIG motorized dish
Home network with Internet 2 pcs
Original xbox
xbox360
My Location
UK
v9oly said:
Can you clarify exactly how far you have got?
- Have you configured & scanned the satellites, ie set up motor/switch.
- Is your network setup to pc & internet ok, & do you have DCC (dreambox control center) installed on pc & configured ok.
If yes, then use the dreambox to download a cam,(assume from above post you know how to do this) say Mgcamd ,when installed select it by blue button and scrolling along (from common interface) & use green button to start.
Install keys via pc & DCC try satankeybundle, use lower file, (think bz2) and transfer it to the VAR/TMP folder. You will then in turn need to goto (dream)addons and manual install, then select/restart emu as described above. Then see if D+ (taquila) is clearing.
This may seem a bit much to take in, but see how you go and ask again.
As stated above there are some excellent guides on this site, but you must take your time and follow the proceedures slowly.
Regards,
Ollie
-

I have to currently use the echostar to move my motor - but it does work. I have a few satelites setup, astra1,astra2,hispasat and hotbird. These were done for me a long time ago, since then with wind etc i really dont know if they are perfect - wish i knew more to even tune in new sats properly - dont understand signals etc. If you can tell me which sat is good and how to tune it in be good.

Will dreambox show HDTV? My TV is HD 1080p. Do satelites broadcast HD.....

Anyway the echostar connect to my dreambox - we can view both boxes but use echostar only for moving motor. The dreambox we view pictures on and hope to be able get more than just the free channels that we get on echostar (almost like a duplicate but hope dreambox to decrypt) Anyway the dish we have is pretty big (2mtr i think) Anyway to get the dreambox to move it or is there a reason for echostar. Sure guy said motor or dish too big or not enough power off dreambox.........

Network for pc and internet is fine. One pc is XP SP2 and other is VISTA Ultimate. Both work fine and connect fine to internet via router. 2meg connection. I am able to ftp to dreambox and i can view the dreambox web interface aswell.

Which cam is best for me? want sky, cannal+, tequilla etc - ideally as much for free as possible, sports and movies good.

I use spartftp 2.5 This transfers files ok and able to chmod - need more help with this as to what files go where and what chmods they should be.

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S & 7020s. Technomate 9100 & 1500. Force frontier fixed, Raven 90 fixed, Triax 90 motorised dish. Diablo & dragon cams.
My Location
South West
Just to deal with the issue of keys,
Download satankey bundle bz2(see link at the bottom)
Get into your dreambox via your ftp program, then ftp the bz2 file into you dreamboxes VAR/TMP folder. Then using the dreambox blue button menu select the 'addons' option then select 'manual install' from the next menu. You should now see the satankey bundle , select this and install.
Go back to main screen, using the blue button again, scroll across to you previously downloaded cam, say Mgcamd and start it using the green button.
Goto a D+ channel and see if it's clear.

No need to chmod this file.
Regards,
Ollie

1st link in post 6:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dreambox-general/72562-usual-places-dreambox-files.html