Receiver freezes

aspanis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triple dragon
My Location
rodos greece
My receiver after playing around and not being able to properly upload the new image just froze
It boots and it show the penguin and then it just freezes
No matter what key combination I use it would not go on the setup menu

Is there anyway to restore it / upload the original image ?

Please help

Any help would be appreciated
Thanx

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Have you tried unplugging the box, then plugging in again while pressing the centre and right arrow buttons to get access to the bootloader menu? (wait for the asterisk in the right hand corner.)

If you can get that far, you can flash a clean official 8Mb image, after setting up your IP addresses.

Llew

aspanis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triple dragon
My Location
rodos greece
I've tried flashing and I was getting NETWORK ERROR msg on the receiver while the prog on the pc was trying to transmit
after a few restarts it doesnt accept the two key pressed combination even it shows the asterisk on the lower right hand corner and it boots on the penguin and just dies

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Sounds like corrupt bootfile. Without investigating further for other options, the only course may be to JTAG a bootfile, or return to shop :(

Llew

aspanis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triple dragon
My Location
rodos greece
JTAG a bootfile ?
how do u do it ?
(new to this)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I think it's possible that, as long as the penguin appears on the LCD screen, the bootloader is OK,so I may be incorrect in thinking that you will need to JTAG. But if it has to be done, there is a thread here explaining the procedure -

http://www.triple-dragon-fan.de/board/thread.php?threadid=1996&hilight=jtag

It's a way in to the flash memory that allows you to replace the bootfile if this has become corrupt. You would need a JTAG interface (can be a DIY circuit or shop bought) between the PC and the TD and a suitable program - available on the above site - and apparently plenty of patience (takes a long while to load to your TD).

I've brought another STB back from the dead by jtagging, but haven't (yet) needed to do it with the TD.

But as I said, maybe you won't need to go this route.

Llew

aspanis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triple dragon
My Location
rodos greece
thanx for the reply
it seems that I'll return it for a replacement