Reception woes- please help me :(

harmio

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi guys, I am a student in halls with a freeview box ( digihome 24.99 argos), and one of those space age looking aerials, u know, the loop aerial with the two extentable prongs either side , with booster in built

I am using this site as a reference for channel and mux info:
http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=TA040869

I am recieving freeview from "oliversmount" transmitter in scarborough. Even without boosting the signal I am getting 80% signal and "very good" quality rating on bbc mux C49, 80% on abc/five mux on C54 (which, according to the site, has a very low reception rating) , I am also getting similar on C61, Sky mux.

I cannot even lock or get ANYTHING for ITV on C67, although its of a higher power than the five mux, I also can't get C58 bbc4, or channel 64. I thought perhaps it was an aerial grouping issue, apparently I need C/D and the aerial was weakening on higher frequencies, but its strange that C61 is so strong, get C58 is literally non existent. I also thought it could be 64QAM etc issues but the muxes i cant get arent just 64QAM, infact its only the one .

It's strange because its as if there is nothing coming through on these frequencies at all, yet the others are perfect and high level robust signals. any advice guys?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This is typical of fringe reception, the transmitter is low power and vertically polarised, try laying the antenna on its side and see if that improves things.

With low power transmitters, even if you are relatively close, the incoming signal will be affected by trees, other building and general topography, trees will attenuate some frequencies more than others and not to a predictable degree.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
get the aerial as high as you can in the room or better still out of the window if it won't get nicked....freeview is tempramentle at the best of times