zbiba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar DSB-800-2CI

Pentium 4 +
will be using laptop with card reader+program
My Location
malta
I have a sat. system Echostar DSB-800-2CI, but I got fed up bying cards that expired after no time at all. I have a Magic Module PCMCIA and Seca 1.03 card which has a goldish colour. I have not used them for about 2 years and I use the system without them. Obviously missing a lot of channels.
I have a card read/write in my laptop. Can anybody tell me wether these cards can be updated online. I apologise, I know nothing about this so please help.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I'm sorry to say that in its current format there is nothing you can open with the magic module that I am aware of. Time to save up like me

zbiba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar DSB-800-2CI

Pentium 4 +
My Location
malta
thanks for the reply but can I at least programme this card or shall I throw it away? If so what do you suggest I should buy?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
zbiba said:
thanks for the reply but can I at least programme this card or shall I throw it away? If so what do you suggest I should buy?

Well not being particulary up to speed on this subject these days I don't feel qualified to give that kind of advice. The problem is that support comes and goes with both cards and cams. The best supported cam appears to be the Dragon/Trex but you will probably need to buy a programmer as well and it all adds up. My advice would be to decide exactly what it is you want to watch then take it from there.

zbiba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar DSB-800-2CI

Pentium 4 +
My Location
malta
Thanks a lot for your help.