Satellite uplinking questions

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax With Inverto Black Ultra fixed on 4.8East. 60cm Dish Fixed on 28East both Diseqc onto Dreambox 800HD. Cdtronix 1.2m Motorised with Twin LNB using Technomate TM6800 HD. Seperate Sky+ HD & Icecrypt S1500C.
My Location
Essex
Hi, hope this is the right place for this question, ive been watching the motorised satellite videos today and they did a live uplink to 1 deg west of the car park, they used a 80/90 cm dish with a pretty big transformer behind it, then used a a channel master 3m dish on a seperate sat system to receive the live transmission.

Question is, how easy is this to do now days as the video is 10 years old so not sure what type of equipment is available these days ? And i take it not just anyone can do this as you need to rent/pay for the space off the satellite itself ?

any info on this would be much apprceiated, found it all quite intresting but couldnt see any info about this on this site.

cheers

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
It all depends on what you want to uplink, where from, and how often.

If it is mobile coverage, then you should be searching threads that have the following in them - SNG, OB (outside broadcast), truck, news feeds etc.

If you intend on broadcasting finished programme content or internet data only then the following should be included in the search - VSAT, earth station, uplink etc.

A license is required for both types, prices vary depending on a lot of factors, and returns are of course based on the amount of work you are likely to get, as well as a lot of luck being in the right place at the right time for capturing breaking news.

Equipment has moved on in ten years, the 'transformer' could be a frequency converter, or High Power Amplifier, which would now be smaller and possibly included in the equipment at the front of the dish, or inside the van. And of course, almost everything now is digital from start to finish across the link.

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax With Inverto Black Ultra fixed on 4.8East. 60cm Dish Fixed on 28East both Diseqc onto Dreambox 800HD. Cdtronix 1.2m Motorised with Twin LNB using Technomate TM6800 HD. Seperate Sky+ HD & Icecrypt S1500C.
My Location
Essex
Channel Hopper said:
It all depends on what you want to uplink, where from, and how often.

If it is mobile coverage, then you should be searching threads that have the following in them - SNG, OB (outside broadcast), truck, news feeds etc.

If you intend on broadcasting finished programme content or internet data only then the following should be included in the search - VSAT, earth station, uplink etc.

A license is required for both types, prices vary depending on a lot of factors, and returns are of course based on the amount of work you are likely to get, as well as a lot of luck being in the right place at the right time for capturing breaking news.

Equipment has moved on in ten years, the 'transformer' could be a frequency converter, or High Power Amplifier, which would now be smaller and possibly included in the equipment at the front of the dish, or inside the van. And of course, almost everything now is digital from start to finish across the link.

thanks for th info!