Setanta signal strength

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a sky mini dish + a Dreambox 600S with Gemini- 430 and CCcam 2.0.8
My Location
Cornwall UK
Hi,

I have a standard sky dish installed by sky. This is what I am currently using it is pointing at 28.2E. Everything is fine apart from the Setanta channels. While most channels have a signal recieved of 84% and up the Setanta channels are always below 80% most of the time this still gives me an okay picture but often I have a jumbled picture and the signal is a lot less than the other channels. Does anyone know the reason for this and if so is there anything I can do about it ?

Thanks

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Lot, Dordogne, Correze border.
Setanta is on Eurobird at 28.5 degees.

ynotdu

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digibox also U P C Ireland
My Location
Ireland
erukus said:
Hi,

I have a standard sky dish installed by sky. This is what I am currently using it is pointing at 28.2E. Everything is fine apart from the Setanta channels. While most channels have a signal recieved of 84% and up the Setanta channels are always below 80% most of the time this still gives me an okay picture but often I have a jumbled picture and the signal is a lot less than the other channels. Does anyone know the reason for this and if so is there anything I can do about it ?

Thanks
This regularly happens with Me on Setanta.I notice You are using a Sky dish,What restores it perfectly for me is to slightly adjust the up/down angle of My dish.I know nothing about dreamboxs so I do not know if you can call up a signal test menu like on a sky digibox,If so the signal strenght shows how correctly dish is aligned east/west(always perfect for Me) The signal quality seems to indicate how correct the elevation is.many sky dish,s are sloppily installed or over time there nuts&bolts loosen&seize.Luckily for Me I can reach My dish through a window(just about)I belt the lnb arm with a stick(Hi-Tech eh? Lol)once the quality indicator is restored to a strong level,Setanta&other Ch,s like Movies4men
are as good as ever!

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a sky mini dish + a Dreambox 600S with Gemini- 430 and CCcam 2.0.8
My Location
Cornwall UK
Ok thank you for that does anyone know if the dreambox has one of these signal strength checkers?