Skybox now rebranded to LibertView

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
As per title Skybox have now rebranded their range as Libertview after pressure by S*y. One report suggests that this for the UK market only.

Have just received a Libertview F5s which seems identical to the Skybox F5S although apparently the firmware is not identical/interchangeable for the two boxes.

Trying to find a spare USB stick to flash new firmware as it didn't come with any access through the menus to network settings, CAMs or Youtube. Will post further when I have made more progress.

BTW there are already clone versions of these being sold.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Horrid name: I vote we here continue to use the Skybox monicker - How about Skybox F5SL?!

Either that, or get Sky to re-brand themselves as CarpVision?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Trying to find a spare USB stick to flash new firmware as it didn't come with any access through the menus to network settings, CAMs or Youtube. Will post further when I have made more progress.

IIRC you have to navigate to the Root of the relevant Menu (Network???) then enter 6666 on your Remote to enable access. Do not have any of the existing options on the right hand menu highlighted - if you have, just press Exit once, then enter 6666.

It's all Googlable anyway, if my destructions aren't precise.