Advice Needed SMC SMATV Controller

cheekymonkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 smallish dishes andaccess to 1 very big one.(7w, 13e,19e, 28.2e, 27.5w)
TM 5402hd,dm500s,vu+solo, pc,laptop,tablet,smartphone. Smartmeter S1 (since someone robbed my satcatcher excel tv mk4)) emitor micro HD. very old promax explorer
My Location
Canary Islands
Not sure if right section for this.
Have got a client running some sky boxes remotely (part of a residential complex distribution system)
In the past they used sky sd boxes but now are using amstrad drx890 receivers and the smc controller which was used before (version 2.04 ) now no longer resets the channels.
The controller is set up as per sky plus ie red button and then channel number required. All seems to work in so much as the smc controller brings the skybox out of standby and then sky channel 998 is on screen. However when the controller then sends the starup the sky boxes end up switching onto the EPG and hence when the channel number enters then it simply goes to the relevent line in the epg as opposed to switching to the appropriate channel.

Have seen one of these controllers before on amstrad DRX890 receivers and that did as it should (same version of smc controller i believe. Only thing I have come up with so far is that the non working system is using brand new receivers and I think a forced update was carried out when the cards were activated so perhaps the very latest firmware in the amstrads is to blame. Other than that cannot think of anything. (they used amstrads as the latest boxes are missing the rf2 connection and hence would need io links etc.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
The boxes may be a tad new for your SMC and version. I would have thought though that 2.04 is not compatible anyway, although you say you have seen them working on other 890 sky receivers.

Oh, and.. Hi Dave, hows it going?

Last edited by a moderator: