spray/paint for dish to boost signal strenght?

EgyptDUDE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have a 2.40 m Amercian monster + truman Gold starsat + NeotionBox3000 + Mvision + DragonX
My Location
Egypt
hi everyone
i know a paint i used before on my dish in the past and it is well known here that boosts the signal abit by 5%
it is basicaly a spray , it is toxic as well (if missused or smelled) , i know its name in Arabic , but can anyone tell me its name in English ? anyone have a similar experiance
thanks in advance

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I can't think of any paint that would give any improvemnt to signal strength.

The only way that you might get an improvement is on an old steel dish which has gone rusty. And this would probably be because you would have to rub the rust down to bare metal first.

Sorry, I think it's probably a scam.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
RS Components used to do an RF reflective coating in a spray can, haven't seen it for a while but would love to try some on a ChannelMaster dish as these are effectively mesh and I'm sure would benefit from it.

L.:)

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish + two LNB 13/19 E
90 cm dish + one LNB 30 W
Humax 5400 .. Oh and cable for Mrs Marts (smilie here)
My Location
Gozo - Malta
Heard about this some years back.. a reflective metallic paint similar to Hammerite.

I think the 5% gain is a myth though. Beside, living where you live, Egypt, you could have a problem with concentrating too much (reflected) heat onto the feed :(

Regards - Marts :)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Agreed!

Going back to the riginal thrust of the question, the reflective paint won't boost signal strength, merely return a rough old dish to near what it used to be when new.

EgyptDUDE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have a 2.40 m Amercian monster + truman Gold starsat + NeotionBox3000 + Mvision + DragonX
My Location
Egypt
guyz , i already have used the spay couple of years ago and it worked great , as former result was mine , and other Arabic members as it worked in Astra and Hispasat great , i know the name of the paint in Arabic , but i wanted to know its name in Enlgish , tried it before in many other 160-240cm dishs
there is another kinds of paints but expensive , like the ones used in plans ... but i am talking about a cheap spray .

RD100 : check my setting mate , why would i need a bigger dish ? :D

EgyptDUDE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Egypt
Marts said:
Heard about this some years back.. a reflective metallic paint similar to Hammerite.

I think the 5% gain is a myth though. Beside, living where you live, Egypt, you could have a problem with concentrating too much (reflected) heat onto the feed :(

it is not shiny , its dull , it does not reflect heat from the sun , i have no problems in my feed :-doh2

enoc

What?
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0 m OffSet dish - Astra II
1.2 m Offset dish - Astra & Hot Bird
0.60 mts Hispasat
0.60 mts Nilesat

Box Kaon 570 & Pace 2600
My Location
Tenerife - Canary Islands
i hear the same whit a channel master dish (was in a magazine)

the mention the paint its for sale in USA and must to be "latex"

for months i try to find somethin on the web with out any luck.

Will be nice to found something.

keep us informed please.

R

Rd100

If the dish is big enuf why do you want this spray , Is there a satellite you are trying to gain

I am lucky where i am my 1.2 and 1.8 are big enuf for what i want, I i brought a 3 or 4 or even a 5.0m dish i would not gain any thing in ku-band

egyptstud said:
guyz , i already have used the spay couple of years ago and it worked great , as former result was mine , and other Arabic members as it worked in Astra and Hispasat great , i know the name of the paint in Arabic , but i wanted to know its name in Enlgish , tried it before in many other 160-240cm dishs
there is another kinds of paints but expensive , like the ones used in plans ... but i am talking about a cheap spray .

RD100 : check my setting mate , why would i need a bigger dish ? :D

EgyptDUDE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Egypt
Rd100 said:
If the dish is big enuf why do you want this spray , Is there a satellite you are trying to gain

*RD100 : i already said that i have the spray and did use it and i dont have any problems with my dish , infact it boosted the signal by 5% ,i just want to know the name in English since some ppl are asking about it , ts a local spray
*enco : can u find the exact name m8 ?

the name of it is silver nitrate

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
If i'm not mistaken that's used to develop photographs. Can't see how it could improve satellite reception. :confused

myusuff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ECHOSTAR7000DVR
All the MATRIX MODULES
CAS2
My Location
SERBIA
Put it in Arabic, Habebe!!:eek: you will be suprised that some of us here will translate it to English for you:-rofl2 :-rofl2

EgyptDUDE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Egypt
myusuff said:
Put it in Arabic, Habebe!!:eek: you will be suprised that some of us here will translate it to English for you:-rofl2 :-rofl2

the name in Arabic is نترات الفضه
but direct translation is not the exact name , as the previous post of Professor indicates , if that is right

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Even if it did work (and I am not saying either way at the moment) Silver nitrate is soluble in water so no good in rainy europe and Google translates silver nitrate to نترات الفضه

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Try my method instead, put CDs around the outer rim all the way around.

I improved my signal by about 3% with my Fibo.

Looked stupid though....

ouagadougou

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2m NERA Prime Focus Dish for C/ku Bands, DM500, SkyStar2, Technomate 5500CIP, Force 1122.
My Location
Stockholm & Windhoek Namibia
The only way the paint helps is by improving the reflection coefficient of the reflector or by improving the reflective skin depth if the reflecting surface is thin.

That paint is ideal for fiberglass reflectors that dont have foil or other reflective surface embedded in them.

frund

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triax 1.1 tm 1500ci+ dm patch. Moteck 2100. Intel 4300 based pc . LG7500. 32" lcd
My Location
Wales. UK.
5% is a massive increase especially on a weak signal although I think it is the same a antiwrinkle cream.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
How does the CD method work???