strange signal problem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I dont know.
My Location
Liverpool
Hello everyone.

I live in Liverpool very close to City Centre. For some reasons the signal receiption is very poor. I can't watch most of the freeview channels such as ITV1 ITV2 BBC1 and etc. I get a currepted image that pauses every second. However I discovered a very strange way of getting fixed. When I touch and hold the antenna cable that comes from the roof antenna, the channel works perfect, as soon as I leave the cable it goes bad.
There are a few channels that works fine even without the cable being touched like channel 4 music.

I had the same problem when I used to live in Oxford the only difference that more freeview channels used to work. There were a fews channels like ITV1 which I had to touch and hold the cable to get picture right.

PS. The TV in both locations are different as well as the antenna. I am not pro in these stuff.

I appreciate any advice and help.

Thanks in advance

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
You maybe falling off the 'digital cliff'. Take a look at getting a high gain digital aerial fitted to improve reception. make sure you replace the cabling and use high quality connectors.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
SM is correct digital either works or it doesn't and without a strong enough signal you are wasting your time. Signal reconstruction of a weak signal has a lower threshold and it sound like some of the channels are below that.