TD FAQ on editing keys

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
In the 'How To' guide, find a description of an excellent FAQ (TD_FAQ_keys.pdf) now available for editing keys, which EMU goes with which keyfile etc.

Llew

canine

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon and PC
My Location
East Hampshire - UK
Thanks Llew. I have downloaded and printed out the 'How to' but am a little confused (as usual) with the procedure mentioned. To update keys, is it necessary to transfer across to the TD a single line from the 'keys' folder, or the whole folder? The keys folder that I have downloaded contains 'Keys' and 'Scce'. They each contain subfolders (or is it subfiles?).
One other thing, do you know if an official ART Sports card works in the TD without the need for any modification?
Regards, Canine.:)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Hi canine

Just replace the whole existing /var/keys and /var scce folders with your new ones. No need to go into the subfolders when replaced, unless you want to change a new key in e.g keylist.txt.

Not sure about using an ART card directly in the slots, will check out this one.

Llew

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I've only used a S*Y card with the TD, but I'm fairly sure with the latest TDman images that your card will be OK, just find an EMU that works with it I suppose (mgcamd?)

Llew

canine

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon and PC
My Location
East Hampshire - UK
Thanks for your quick response Llew. I haven't bought the ART card yet - just wanted to be sure that it would play in a TD.
Canine