Sold Technomate TM5402HD CI Super+ Mk1

Status
Not open for further replies.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Having a big clear out.

I'm selling my Technomate TM5402HD Mk1, I've not used this in a while so no point in keeping it, I only used it to watch AFN on 9e.

It has been patched for use with Power Vu and other channels

Its in good condition and comes with its remote which is also in good condition.

The only drawback is that the internal fan is a little noisy which is common with this receiver. I have a new one on order which is winging its way by rickshaw from Hong Kong. I will forward this to the purchaser when it arrives.

I'll let this go for £45 including postage to the UK.

If anybody is interested from outside the UK i will post at cost.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Open to sensible offers. Payment by Paypal gift only.

A

Archive4

Could anyone advise what this box is like at very low s/r. I have the Extrend thanks to another forum member, but it is not that good on very low s/r, good in many ways though, and very happy with it!
Seem to remember W - 1 stating about low s/r boxes elsewhere, I am interested either way!

A nonymous

Reaction score
I couldn't say what its like at lower symbol rates, i only used it to view the PowerVu stuff if i'm totally honest. If you have an Xtrend ET9500 they aren't much good for anything, other than viewing avi and DIVX files on the HDD. I think my ET9500 is cack :D

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
Could anyone advise what this box is like at very low s/r. I have the Extrend thanks to another forum member, but it is not that good on very low s/r, good in many ways though, and very happy with it!
Seem to remember W - 1 stating about low s/r boxes elsewhere, I am interested either way!

Symbol rate with the latest software as in post #1 (0.25p is 800 to 45,000)

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
Reputed the tuner in this box/model is more sensitive for fringe reception than the MK 2 & 3 versions, that are now manufactured in China, as opposed to this model manufactured in S. Korea.

Pity would have been interested in this box at that price, but now stream fringe channels of interest from my location:D

Good luck with sale.

Regards

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
(50 east to 45 west)

(53 east to 45 west)
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
TM5402 HD History so far

TM5402HD M1 made in South Korea
TM5402HD M2 made in South Korea to start with it is identical to the M1 except for some minor features,
The TM5402HD M2 production run was stopped in South Korea & all the parts shipped to China to complete assembly, when the parts ran out the Chinese tried in vain to resource without success,
So the Chinese brought out the TM5402HD M3 that is a totally different receiver based on the early TM3000 with much cheaper sourced parts admittedly the M3 software can do more as it is supported whereas the M1 & M1 are not,

The M1 & M2 are decent receivers with one main fault mainly picked up by Feed hunters like myself 45,000 symbol rate used by the receiver when a low symbol rate is in use,

If Korean engineers had revamped the software on the M3 to eliminate the data base errors with Network scan always engaged giving more transponders than exist on 42 east ect it would have been a very good receiver but it is not.

Mass production with little care on the finer points of what the receiver can achieve is a problem we have to live with atm.

A

Archive4

The M1 & M2 are decent receivers with one main fault mainly picked up by Feed hunters like myself 45,000 symbol rate used by the receiver when a low symbol rate is in use,
Can you expand on this a little more, I want a good box for feed hunting and low s/r reception, for example neither the extrend or vu+ solo se I have can receive waar sport due to being flooded out by waar hd ( 3 E ).
Will this box be able to do this?

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
(50 east to 45 west)

(53 east to 45 west)
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
Can you expand on this a little more, I want a good box for feed hunting and low s/r reception, for example neither the extrend or vu+ solo se I have can receive waar sport due to being flooded out by waar hd ( 3 E ).
Will this box be able to do this?

No as the M1 & M2 will over write some scpc of low symbol rate found with the Blind Scan that are close together for this work you need either the TM5502HD or TM5302HD,

By the way War Sport has ceased broadcasting according to the satellite charts & my blind scans,
FlySat Eutelsat 3B @ 3.1° East
Eutelsat 3B at 3.1°E - LyngSat

Last edited:
A

Archive4

Thanks William, and sorry Manicscrewdriver, don´t think this is the right box for me at the mo:(

Status
Not open for further replies.