Thinking about cancelling my Sky subscription....

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
wildebed said:
This is a bit like the absence of proof being the same as proof of absence. If it "dies" without a "stay alive" signal, and if the card no longer works because of this, how exactly is the PVR function going to be affected? I mean surely it's the card encryption algorithm that requires the periodic updates - not the electronic function of the hardware. If it did die I would pursue it with vigour !!.
Dunno about any of that m8, all I know was the record facility stopped on my Sky+ box when I canceled my sub and was reactivated when I re-subscribed, Lol

wildebed

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD
My Location
NE UK
tomthebomb1968 said:
Dunno about any of that m8, all I know was the record facility stopped on my Sky+ box when I canceled my sub and was reactivated when I re-subscribed, Lol

That's what I thought had happened - but all that had really happened was that my previously recorded programmes gained from PPV/subscription were inaccessible = newly recorded from FTA stayed as was.
Interesting .....

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
wildebed said:
That's what I thought had happened - but all that had really happened was that my previously recorded programmes gained from PPV/subscription were inaccessible = newly recorded from FTA stayed as was.
Interesting .....
Its been a long time since i got mine switched on again, but from memory I could not access any previous recordings or make new recordings at all even on FTV and FTA channels. I note that yours is an HD box, wonder if that makes a difference, or as I said previously, maybe your just lucky. My friend downgraded his full sub for the basic pack and has all his channels still working 5 years later. Sky keep phoning him asking him to try another package, he just tells em he is happy enough. lol