Thor 1W: aRe yoU able to get - Kiosk 1 & BTV ?

tonguedv

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised Triax 88 Dish, DP6600 VBox, Dreambox 7020S with 200gb hd, Linksys Router WRT54GS & Linksys Bridge WET54G. ADSL Internet.
My Location
Aberdeen, Scotland
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this... but here goes...

I've got a 90cm dish and I live in Aberdeen, UK East Coast, 57N 2W. Ok:

When I first had my dish set on Thor, I used to get Kiosk 1, it's a preview channel, in Swedish. I also got BTV thats like a test channel that just sits there all day with a constant tone and a big 1W on the screen.....but I can't get BTV to show again since moving my dish! I've tried to get it back but can't. Same goes for Kiosk 1! :(

I'm disappointed about this as I havent found many Swedish channels and every one I find is great, cuz I'm trying to learn to speak svenska.

Can You get BTV & Kiosk1 on Thor 1W? I did once, but can I again, ..was it a fluke.. an atmospheric anomally ..or something :D Which Free Swedish chans can YOU get successfully?

As usual I've typed a book. Hope someone can help, it'd be very interesting to know this info. What a rewarding though sometimes frustrating, hobby we have! O-Ha

Dave

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hi Dave, I just did a scan of Thor 0.8 west with my 70cm dish and came up with 190 channels, many of them Swedish.
Got Kiosk 1 with a 75% signal quality, which is big. Also picked up many Swedish channels with a clear signal so your 90cm shouldn't have to many problems.
Was not able to get BTV but I have had it before, in fact it was the very first channel that I ever received. Aberdeen should be alright with a 90cm dish as I am getting high readings on many transponders, which I must admit was a surprise.

The problem you are going to have is that nearly all these channels are encrypted in Conax and are not free-to-air. :(

PS. Try this web-site for free Swedish TV, the bad news is there are only nine free channels.
http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/Sweden.html

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
There are a couple of web streams available as well click here

tonguedv

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised Triax 88 Dish, DP6600 VBox, Dreambox 7020S with 200gb hd, Linksys Router WRT54GS & Linksys Bridge WET54G. ADSL Internet.
My Location
Aberdeen, Scotland
I got them working again, not sure how, but theyre back! B-TV1 and Kiosk1 preview. 2 boring chans, but it became a personal challenge to get them back. I reflashed my gemini 2.66 image, trying to get another issue resolved, and turns out those channels came back aswell as my other problem being fixed. So in short, everythings ok again. :)

Conax eh... I need to get one of these cards...