TivuSat from central london

ggg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
no dish right now! PC not connected to satellite
My Location
london
Hi, I am completely new here. I wonder if you guys can help me! I have to admit I am no expert at all when it comes to Satellite TV.

I have the possibility to buy TivuSat decoder + card in Italy and bring it back here. Now being completely new to satellite TV I have a question. Currently I live in a flat - i do not have my own dish and use the standard satellite connection from the building to connect my Sky+HD.

If I buy a TivuSat Dec + Card, can I then just connect it to the same plug ads Sky+HD? Will it work out of the box or is a separate Dish absolutely required?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You will require a separate dish aligned onto the Hotbird cluster operating at 13E.

Your SKy dish is aligned at the Astra 2 / Eurobird 1 cluster of 4 satellites which operate at 28E.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome to the forum.

The satellite connection in your flat will most certainly be Astra2 28e unless you have a 9 wire system installed to give you another satellite option (normally 13e). Might be worth asking other residents if they receive any other channels via the dish, if not then another dish required, possibly a balcony install if you have one.

ggg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
london
Analoguesat said:
You will rwequire a separate dish aligned onto the Hotbird cluster operating at 13E.

Thank you Analoguesat - that's what I feared!

ggg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
london
satelliteman said:
Welcome to the forum.

The satellite connection in your flat will most certainly be Astra2 28e unless you have a 9 wire system installed to give you another satellite option. Might be worth asking other residents if they receive any other channels via the dish, if not then another dish required, possibly a balcony install if you have one.

Thanks for your answer satelliteman - I think I'd like to avoid installing a separete dish, not sure how long I'll stay in this flat but in that case I probably just have to do without Italian TV :)