Transponder and PID changes-why so often?

benidormgary

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sigh-only Sky for now-Im back in the UK.......
My Location
Blackpool(Ex-Benidorm and Paignton)
I can only describe myself as a "very enthusiastic satellite follower",but I have never been able to understand why satellite providers see fit to change parameters so frequently.Even some permanently FTA channels dont seem to escape the occasional change.Why do they do it so often?.:confused

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Perhaps it is a job creation scheme :rolleyes: Most industries have elements of this type of scheme I can think of one industry where there are more managers than there are beds for the patients :-bash

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You have to look at the number of pid changes on 28E, and wonder what the hell they are playing at. "Freesat" with cheap boxes will never take off in the UK if the channel operators keep b*gg*ring about with the pids. You will just get some very confused people if they switch over to their favourite shopping channel one evening and find its now showing a god squad channel, or even worse is now black.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Analoguesat said:
if they switch over to their favourite shopping channel one evening and find its now showing a god squad channel

Especially if they try and buy the pulpit - LOL

benidormgary

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sigh-only Sky for now-Im back in the UK.......
My Location
Blackpool(Ex-Benidorm and Paignton)
Thanks-so the answer is-"God only knows":-rofl2

Seriously,though,I suppose our friends at Kingofsat on the daily update page would be out of a job if they didnt change. :)