Transponder Help

jerry123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Receiver: World Inbox II
My Location
Qatar
Hi,
I'm located in Qatar.I know very little about transponders and dishes. I have a transponder connected to a dish. But we receive only indian channels. Can you tell me why?The transponder has listed so many satellites like nilesat, hotbird, superbird, turkeysat, Koreasat,Intel etc..no use. It detects channels on INSAt, 2EAPR.. etc Even if it detects channels on a different satellite, it only finds very few indian channels, that too south Indian. Can you tell me how i can find other channels in Arab categories or sports categories or north Indian categories or any category. Your help much appreciated.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
jerry123 said:
Hi,
I'm located in Qatar.I know very little about transponders and dishes. I have a transponder connected to a dish. But we receive only indian channels. Can you tell me why?The transponder has listed so many satellites like nilesat, hotbird, superbird, turkeysat, Koreasat,Intel etc..no use. It detects channels on INSAt, 2EAPR.. etc Even if it detects channels on a different satellite, it only finds very few indian channels, that too south Indian. Can you tell me how i can find other channels in Arab categories or sports categories or north Indian categories or any category. Your help much appreciated.

Hi jerry123,
I think that you meant satellite receiver and not transponder.
Please update your profile to show your sat system
- Dish size
- Dish pointing to which satellite
- Is the dish fixed or movable with motor.
- Receiver make and model number
- Which channels (names if possible) that you want to watch.
When we have this info, we might be able to help you better.
Thanks. :)

jerry123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Qatar
Can you tell me how to find out which satellite my dish is pointing to??Thanks

HB13DISH said:
Hi jerry123,
- Dish size

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
One way of doing it is to make a note of what channels you are receiving and on what frequency, and then consult www.lyngsat.com, or use the channel search facility on kingofsat to crosscheck.

:)

jerry123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Qatar
Receiver - World InBox II
Software ver - $STKA44545841 EC
Databas Ver - 006000009
Boot - 0016.1

The dish is not movable, i think its movable with hands. I'll tell you the dish size soon. All i can say now is that its almost 5ft by looking at it. I couldnt make out which satellire its pointing to, but when i crosschecked with the websites you gave, they said the channels i receive are transmitted from Eurobird9(9.0'E) 11843.ooV, Hotbird 6(13.0'E) 10971.00H, Nilesat 102(70'W) 12303.00H..etc But the channels on my receiver say they are transmitted fro INSAT2E83, 2EAPR, INSAT4A, ARABSAT2A3A

HB13DISH said:
Hi jerry123,
- Dish size

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
It is not clear to me what you are saying.
Looks like you haven't got the dish pointing to any satellite and the receiver is just showing a list of channels already built in.
Can you open (see) any of the channels mentioned above or not?
If the dish is not movable, then you can't watch all those channels, unless you have several LNBs and your dish is pointing to all those satellites.
I suggest that you get an installer to point the dish to one satellite (Hot Bird or Nilesat) and fix it, and then scan the channels with your receiver.

jerry123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Qatar
Yes i can see all those channels. I get about 28 channels. If i select INSAT2E83 and search, the receiver finds about 9 or 10 channels. If i select 2EAPR and search, the receiver finds another 5 or 6 channels. It also finds 1 or 2 channels on NILESAT and ARABSAT each. If i get the dish to point to HOTBIRD will i lose the previous channels?

HB13DISH said:
It is not clear to me what you are saying.
Looks like you haven't got the dish pointing to any satellite and the receiver is just showing a list of channels already built in.
Can you open (see) any of the channels mentioned above or not?
If the dish is not movable, then you can't watch all those channels, unless you have several LNBs and your dish is pointing to all those satellites.
I suggest that you get an installer to point the dish to one satellite (Hot Bird or Nilesat) and fix it, and then scan the channels with your receiver.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
jerry123 said:
Yes i can see all those channels. I get about 28 channels. If i select INSAT2E83 and search, the receiver finds about 9 or 10 channels. If i select 2EAPR and search, the receiver finds another 5 or 6 channels. It also finds 1 or 2 channels on NILESAT and ARABSAT each. If i get the dish to point to HOTBIRD will i lose the previous channels?

If it is a fixed dish, then you are not supposed to see more than one satellite, unless they are very close to one another.
Obviously there is something else that you are not telling us, unintentionally offcourse.
My guess is that you are getting channels from a certain satellite but the channel list is showing the wrong satellite.
It is like if I scan my dish to Astra 19.2E, it will show me channels that it finds from Hotbird 13E, but list them as if they are from Astra 19.2E.
If you really point dish to Hotbird 13E, you will loose those channels.
Get an installer to set it up for you to the direction that you want.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
jerry - the answer is very simple and often confuses newcomers to the hobby.

You are only seeing one orbital slot - round about 83E by the looks of it. However the same block of frequencies is reused over and over again in every satellite slot right round the world.

This means that if you pick a different satellite and scan it - you will get some channels appearing after the scan - putting it very simply it will be the ones where the frequencies coincide.

If you want to watch other satellites like Nilesat you will either have to motorise your dish or put a second static one up.

jerry123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Qatar
Even though the channels are received from different satellites, they are grouped under 1 satellite in the information box, i.e PALAPAC2C. Is this the satellite the dish is pointing to? When i scan PALAPAC2C, i dont get any of these channels, instead, i get 3 different channels.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
jerry123 said:
Even though the channels are received from different satellites, they are grouped under 1 satellite in the information box, i.e PALAPAC2C. Is this the satellite the dish is pointing to? When i scan PALAPAC2C, i dont get any of these channels, instead, i get 3 different channels.

No you are confused they only share the same frequency SR and FEC of an adjacent satellite. If you told us what the names of the channels we could help unravel your mystery but as you do not tell us then we cannot. You can however solve the mystery by checking here

jerry123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Qatar
The channels i receive are Asianet, Asianet plus, Asianet news, Jeevan TV, suvarna, Yo Music, Space TV, PBC, Standard TV, Unknown 3,Time TV, Isai Iruvi, Win TV, Kairali, India vision, YES India Vision, Kairali People, PowerVision, Amrita,.. etc

Topper said:
No you are confused they only share the same frequency SR and FEC of an adjacent satellite. If you told us what the names of the channels we could help unravel your mystery but as you do not tell us then we cannot. You can however solve the mystery by checking here

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well with that information it is possible to confirm your dish is pointing to co-located satellites INSAT 2e/3b/4a at 83deg East.

The reason you cannot see more is because there are different beams in operation the channels you can receive are on the ECC beam check out the footprint. You say your dish is about 5 foot diameter this equates to 1.5 mtr only. The other beams on 83East require a bigger dish i.e. the wide beam anything up to a 1.8, the zone beam looks like at least a 3mtr dish required although you are way off the footprint so could be bigger and the Indian C is also not acheivable from your location. The best way to over come this is to fit another lnb, motorise the exisiting dish or buy a bigger one

jerry123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Qatar
Thankyou all of you for helping me out.

menow2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DREAMBOX DM800
My Location
United kingdom
Hello,

Just got the new dream box dm800, I need help to configure my turner to receive all satellites. At the moment I can only receive the free channels on 28.2. I do not really know what to do to get all other satellites working.
Based in London,UK all help will be great.

Thanks