Tuner

preddy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
Ireland
Having problems tuning my DM800HD to Free to air Astra 29.2E, it only found 60 channels any ideas?

Enigma 2 running, i choose simple config in tuner settings and ran an automatic scan but ony 60 channels came in?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
New problem? ie Has it worked ok before?

What LNB settings do you have?

preddy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
Ireland
Second Hand box so all channels were wiped so i never used it before, only one LNB in use from skydish but didnt go messing with the settings.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes, but if Channels were wiped, it is also possible that the box was restored to Factory Default, which means the LNB settings may be wrong.

Find the relevant menu and either post up a screenshot or tell us what it says.

andyxxxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox DM800HD - Technomate TM600 - Technomate TM500 Super - SkyBox F5 -- Triax TD110 Dish on TM2600 Motor - Zone 1 sky dish
My Location
Newcastle, UK
It it a recently used sky minidish/LNB? any other receiver to test it?

I moved into a house that had a minidish already put up but old age and rust had meant it was only able to pick up around half the channels on 28.2.

You could try restoring factory settings on the box incase any custom LNB settings have been selected, in my experience a normal sky LNB should work out of the box on a DM800

preddy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
Ireland
Will get screenshot later, do i need to choose advanced tuner option for that or is simple ok? Could it be a transponder problem? - found 60 channels

I had my DM500S hooked up to it fine the other day till I got the green death light on it - need to reflash it to resolve.

Should i factory reset the DM800 and will that take enigma off it?

What is Zoon as it displays as it boots?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
You just need to upload the latest channel lists. By default, DM800 only has frequency lists for 19.2e and 13e, both of which are probably out of date.

preddy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
Ireland
Captain Jack said:
You just need to upload the latest channel lists. By default, DM800 only has frequency lists for 19.2e and 13e, both of which are probably out of date.

How do i do that? Will i not have to tune all the channells in first?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
What image do you have? Chances are, you can download it straight from the box itself if it's connected to the Internet.

Alternatively, search for something like catseye settings in Google and upload with DreamboxEdit.

And no, the whole point of channel lists is to not bother tuning the channels in yourself. Saves many hours.

preddy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
Ireland
Have Engima 2 is what i got it with it. I will have a look for the catseye settings now thanks!

Aldo copied on CCCAM files to /tmp folder but cant install when in settings no plugin option for it?

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
Install the dream elite image onto the 800. Once flashed FTP ts-panel to temp and install via green then. Yellow button and restart the 800. Once loaded up download the catseyes settings via ts-panel and also the cam needed for your card the again FTP your saved file across and you should be good to go.

preddy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
Ireland
Chris76 said:
Install the dream elite image onto the 800. Once flashed FTP ts-panel to temp and install via green then. Yellow button and restart the 800. Once loaded up download the catseyes settings via ts-panel and also the cam needed for your card the again FTP your saved file across and you should be good to go.

Thanks bu the only Dream Elite Image i found was an NFI file not an img file can I install that?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
nfi files are what DM800 takes....

preddy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
Ireland
Captain Jack said:
nfi files are what DM800 takes....

Can i apply that with Dreamup? Or DBE?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Do it via network. Switch the box off at the mains, press and hold the power button on the front and turn the box back on. It should says **STOP** and then give you an IP address. Type this into your browser and upload the NFI file from there....

preddy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
Ireland
Captain Jack said:
Do it via network. Switch the box off at the mains, press and hold the power button on the front and turn the box back on. It should says **STOP** and then give you an IP address. Type this into your browser and upload the NFI file from there....

Im pretty sure there was no option for adding an image when i was in the browser yesterday but i will try again. Cant find any ts-panel file but ill keep looking

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
If you follow my instructions, this is the only option there. You can't do it through a "normal" web interface....