Two Sky Zone 2 dishes, six LNBs...

Fisty McB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See my signature...
My Location
County Tyrone, N. Ireland
After a lot of different reasons/excuses to get things started, I'm currently in the process of getting my new sat dish farm going - my old 120cm dish that used to be motorised is now looking at the far eastern end of the local horizon at 46E (inc. 45E) with offset LNBs at 51.5E/52E, 42E and 39E, along with the 45cm dish aimed at 28E with a new Inverto Premium LNB replacing the old Amiko "thin" one, but pictures of those will come later as also yet to install includes a Wavefrontier T90 (provisional intended range from 36E to 8W) & a steel 80cm aimed at 22W with planned offsets for 14W/15W and 30W, along with possibilities of an 80cm aluminum dish aimed at 3E with offsets for 9E (KaSat) and 3W and maybe a motorised dish if I can fit it in.

But until I get the Wavefrontier all set up, I've used the two spare Sky Zone 2 dishes I have to provide temporary reception of 23.5E, 19.2E, 16E, 13E, 9E (E9:cool: & 4.8E...

skyZone2DualDish6LNB.jpg

Top Dish - Sky Zone 2 Mk4, centered on 13E with LNB offsets at 19E & 4.8E.
Bottom Dish - Sky Zone 2 Mk3, centered on 16E with LNB offsets at 23.5E & 9E.

MTI LNB designed for Sky Mk4 dishes used for 13E reception. Another MTI LNB this time designed for Sky Mk3 dishes (with the spigot) used for reception of 16E. In both cases the best skew is at position "4" at my location. Inverto green "Eco" LNBs used for reception at 19.2E & 9E, Alps "narrow" bullet nose LNBs used for 23.5E & 4.8E reception. Base is the old patio mount previously used for my old motorised setup, except its now bolted on to a wooden garden tile with an old 37mm steel pole attached to the patio mount - sandbags and a couple of concrete ballasts from an old washing machine used to keeping everything stable - it's not 100% but it's fine for now and the wooden shed & metal shield (protecting an OFCH tank) blocks winds from the north & west (the face of the shed you see here is due south). And yes, other that the 9E LNB, the other offset LNBs are held by cable ties, which again is fine for now - the top dish was placed elsewhere in the back garden for two weeks prior to today with the two offset LNBs held by cable ties and they didn't move once in that time.

The 80cm steel dish could go up very soon if the weather is favourable, while the T90 will hopefully be in service by the end of Spring.

Last edited:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Wondeful - lnb botchery of impressive proportions :D

carlwilson0000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
zgemma h2h - tm 2600 - 1.1m dish
My Location
Nottingham
This is awesome. Is it capable of receiving all transponders on those satellites you listed?

Fisty McB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See my signature...
My Location
County Tyrone, N. Ireland
This is awesome. Is it capable of receiving all transponders on those satellites you listed?
23.5E - Everything on the Europe Wide BSS beam comes in fine, the Polish radio feeds on the FSS frequencies (on a narrower European beam IIRC) are subject to moderate rain fade.

19.2E - All OK - some weaker transponders (including the main transponder for RTL Germany) need a little tweaking but they're usually on an SNR of at least 8.5db.

16E - All seems to be OK on the Europe A & B beams - strongest transponder is 11637 V which contains the Croatian & Slovene PSBs.

13E - All OK.

9E - The spot I have the biggest issues with, some transponders (especially 8PSK modulation with FEC of 3/4) only come in on dry conditions. Some further LNB tweaking would likely help but I'm not too worried about it for a temporary setup.

4.8E - All European BSS signals come in well, 11766 H has the best SNR reading. Haven't really tried the European FSS signals, but Jurnal TV doesn't come in.