Unable to receive CCTV4.

hangfire

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mondeal 9000 Gold
My Location
London, England
Total beginner here, so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong thread/sub-forum... But since CCTV4 changed the channel/transponder? I have been unable to watch it. I have a Mondeal 9000 Gold satellite decoder and I am Located in Central London, England. I am uncertain on what else to do or how to proceed. I tried to get it to search for the channels again but to no avail. If anyone could please advise me on what to do or how to do it etc etc I would be most grateful.

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
Hotbird 13e - 12149 V 27500 3/4
AB1 12.5w - 11337 H 1924 3/4

etc _http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yep, I can confirm the Hotbird one, now its stopped raining :-rofl2

All you need to do is rescan that transponder on 13E, if that is where your dish is looking.
If you don't have the transponder listed, then you will need to add it.

Robbo ;)

hangfire

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mondeal 9000 Gold
My Location
London, England
Thanks a lot everyone for the help and suggestions, I now see that I can receive hotbird but when I try to find a 13E all my receiver allows me to do is choose Transponder TP13, is that the same thing? Now when it does a search it looks like it's going through all the Transponders on Hotbird, is that right? It says:

1.Hotbird TP XX/106 YYYYYMMHz 275000K sps and where the X's and Y's are changing quite quickly. Sorry for being a bother about all of this and being rather dense. As I said before I'm using a Mondeal 9000 Gold MON2004 I haven't updated the software since the day I got it so I wouldn't know from adam what to do. I tried searching once and to no avail. Am I doing the scan right? Am I being really dense here? I'm sorry about being such a bother again, and many thanks for the help so far!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
hangfire said:
Thanks a lot everyone for the help and suggestions, I now see that I can receive hotbird but when I try to find a 13E all my receiver allows me to do is choose Transponder TP13, is that the same thing? Now when it does a search it looks like it's going through all the Transponders on Hotbird, is that right? It says:

1.Hotbird TP XX/106 YYYYYMMHz 275000K sps and where the X's and Y's are changing quite quickly. Sorry for being a bother about all of this and being rather dense. As I said before I'm using a Mondeal 9000 Gold MON2004 I haven't updated the software since the day I got it so I wouldn't know from adam what to do. I tried searching once and to no avail. Am I doing the scan right? Am I being really dense here? I'm sorry about being such a bother again, and many thanks for the help so far!

I don't know how to work your receiver obvously, as I don't have it.
But..

Stored inside the receiver for every satellite there is a transponder list.

In the setup menu somewhere, you should be able to gain access to what transponders it has stored for 13E. In that list, if you want the channel you mentioned then the tranponder that bigtee posted has to be there. On lyngsat it is listed as TP72.
http://www.lyngsat.com/hotbird.html

If you have not got it, then you will need to add it, including the frequency,polarisation and symbol rate, and possibly FEC (possibly automatically set).

Again, how to add transponders is receiver specific.

BUt once it is there, all you have to do is tell the receiver to scan that tp and the channel you desire should appear at the bottom of you channel list.

and dont worry, you are not a bother :)

Robbo