tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
I wonder if anyone has come across this problem. I have a new aerial and a Nokia 221T box and for about a year all was fine. Then recently I noticed that I am not able to receive any of the channels on MUXA Channel 32 (see http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/terrestrial/mux/ ). This inlcudes channel 5.

I have tried all the usual things to try and get these back but no joy.

I get my reception from Crystal Palace

Can anyone help?

Tirosh.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
How recently? If it coincided with the introduction of Top-Up TV then you could try scanning for new channels as this was a known problem with some receivers at the time. If this is one of the usual things you've tried then I'm stumped.

PaulR

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
Thanks for the reply m8. I am not sure exactly when it went. I noticed it last week. I have tried deleting all the channels and rescanning in and also disconnected the box completely, left it for an hour and then powered up and rescanned. Again no joy.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
It's just possible that you're not getting enough signal.

Digital terrestrial signals are a funny beast. Firstly this MUX is one of the ones using 64 QAM, which is less robust than the 16 QAM used by the Beeb. But, you might say, there are other Muxes using 64 QAM and I can still get them.

This could be down to one of the peculiarities whereby even similar channel numbers have a slightly different signal pattern to their neighbours.

It's not a huge help I know but you may have to look at replacing the aerial or the downlead or both. Perhaps there's another reason. Has the aerial moved in a gale? Has a heavy bird landed awkwardly?

I'm sure you get the idea.

PaulR

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
Thanks m8. Will have to start with the aerial and try to narrow it down.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I had similar problems with a philips box, had to amplify the signal to silly levels to get it working on a single troublesome MUX, put a strong receiver on the same systems and all channels stormed in.

I am also assuming that the Nokia is the first connection to the aerial.

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
Rolf, thanks for this. The Nokia is in the 2nd sitting room and hence is not the first connection to the aerial. This is the thing that I am going to try tonight (move the Nokia to the first point in the aerial and see if that makes a difference.

The strange thing is that it was all working fine and also because all the other Muxes were working fine I just assumed that there was a problem with the transmission and that it would sort itself out. Seems like I need to do some investigations to get to the bottom of this.

Tirosh.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What I mean by the first connection is that there is not a video or satellite receiver in the RF circuit before the Nokia.

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
Latest status:

Moved the Nokia from it's current location to the first point where the earial comes into the house and all the channels are now available. Moved it back to it's old location and the channels disappear again. Obviously there is an issue with the connection between the 2 rooms. I need to investigate further but at least this tells me that the Transmission and Aerial are fine.

Thanks to all who responded.

Tirosh.

Mohammed el Hassan

Reaction score
HOW HAVE TV. SAMAUNG TYPE NUMMER IS {TPV 5050X} IT IS COMPIWITH VIDIEO PLEIS WRITE FOR ME THE TYPE NUMMER FOR THE OREGINAL REMOTE CONTROL AND THANK,THANK,THANK......................

MOHA