VCRs in Post-switchoff...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I just had a thought, once the analogue signals are off and replaced with digital content, would the signals interfere with the RF channel set by the VCR's modulator? Or will they continue to avoid using that set of frequencies? :confused

EDIT:
Whoops, wrong section, please could it be moved to t'terrestrial bit... :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well the protection of channel 36 was pretty much dispensed with when Channel Five launched. Pretty much all VCRs now have modulators which can be set anywhere between 21 and 69.

Also, very few people require the modulated output of a video, most connections being made by scart.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
rolfw said:
Well the protection of channel 36 was pretty much dispensed with when Channel Five launched. Pretty much all VCRs now have modulators which can be set anywhere between 21 and 69.

Also, very few people require the modulated output of a video, most connections being made by scart.

I was thinking about those who use a VCR as a Scart adaptor for older TVs without Scart or phono sockets, but thinking about it now, it won't be necessary to have the aerial connected to the VCR as there'll be nothing to tune into... :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Channels 30-39 and 60-69 (or thereabouts) are to be sold off for other uses.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I can't personally see them being used for anything other than TV services.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I agree with you Rolf as due to channel reutilisation across the country there will always be some signal overlap.

And let's not forget our European neighbours and the effect that non TV transmissions might have on their TV. I'm sure our international obligations might have some impact here.