Vhf Tv...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I was wondering, my Fergie TV can receive VHF channels (although I have not got a VHF source, and I haven't actually tested it to see if it actually can receive them), so, I was thinking of maybe making a little UHF to VHF convertor, assuming it can be done with a less than a shoestring budget... :D

Any ideas or is it just another of my ramblings that can't actually be done? :p

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Well, yes it's possible but why bother?

You will have to take a TV source of some kind. If it's a terrestrial source on UHF then the TV will tune in directly to it. If it's off a satellite box, again it'll be easier, and probably better quality, to feed the TV directly.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
PaulR said:
Well, yes it's possible but why bother?

You will have to take a TV source of some kind. If it's a terrestrial source on UHF then the TV will tune in directly to it. If it's off a satellite box, again it'll be easier, and probably better quality, to feed the TV directly.

I was just thinking about it as something to do, plus my TV tends to drift off it's stored channels, so I thought I'd try the VHF part of it... :D