AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Hi friends ..
My creation has been removed from the Dish temporarily ...as its having major modifications ..
This also involves the tripod mount plate ..which is being reconstructed out of steel so it can be made thinner ..allowing greater adjustment ..
The pictures are fairly self explanatory ...but you'll have to zoom n to read the added text..
I suspect once the lnb clamp has been constructed( represented by an expanded foam block) ...and the whole assembly re-fitted...
..then its evolution is complete ..
Short of finding a way to motorize the dielectric plate ...(not practical) ...thats as far as I can go for now ..
rgds
VS

Attachments

• DSCF0107.JPG
    DSCF0107.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCF0108.JPG
    DSCF0108.JPG
    321.2 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF0109.JPG
    DSCF0109.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF0110.JPG
    DSCF0110.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF0111.JPG
    DSCF0111.JPG
    326.3 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF0112.JPG
    DSCF0112.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF0113.JPG
    DSCF0113.JPG
    311.6 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF0114.JPG
    DSCF0114.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 52

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
hi -
its looking good :)
i see you have re designed the T plate a little -- " comb type fitting "
do you think its improved signal reception on your setup by having the plate sit right down into the rings ?

the last T plate i made i did that way -- but i didn,t gain anything signal wise on my offset setup --
but the plate did fit more securely in the LNB/feed

regards --

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Vipersan said:
Short of finding a way to motorize the dielectric plate ...(not practical) ...thats as far as I can go for now ..
rgds
VS

Looking at the size of the thing, you could simply poke at it with a broomstick from the bathroom window.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
nelson_b said:
hi -
its looking good :)
i see you have re designed the T plate a little -- " comb type fitting "
do you think its improved signal reception on your setup by having the plate sit right down into the rings ?

the last T plate i made i did that way -- but i didn,t gain anything signal wise on my offset setup --
but the plate did fit more securely in the LNB/feed

regards --

Not noticed any appreciable gain advantage Nelson ..and not really expecting any ...
The point of doing it that way was so that ..hopefully I won't have to fumble around in the dark up a ladder to swap the plate out at night ..
For 90% of signals that are not 'fringe' I should be able to simply rotate the comb plate to 90 degrees instead of 45 degrees to the lnb probes ..thus making linear reception possible without actually removing the plate..
However ..I haven't fully tested the new comb plate ...but will do more extensive testing once the whole assembly is re-fitted..
Hopefully by weekend ..

@ CH ..I had actually considered making it more 'free' to rotate ...so that it could be moved easily by poking it ...but that would make for more problems since the plate could rotate freely in the wid ..or even fall out at the height of the arc ..

rgds
VS

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Vipersan said:
@ CH ..I had actually considered making it more 'free' to rotate ...so that it could be moved easily by poking it ...but that would make for more problems since the plate could rotate freely in the wid ..or even fall out at the height of the arc ..

Ah, but a piece of (knicker) elastic, tied over the plate to either side of the scalar ring would stop that.

Rather than a stick, you could use two bits of fishing line on the plate extremes, for a 'kite' style adjustment.