Webro WF100 cable no signal

Bamboccio

Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought 40m of Webro WF100 cable and i have crimped 2 connectors at the end of a portion and i get no signal going through. I then tried the other portion of the cable using 2 push connectors and still I get no signal.

Any ideas? Can it be faulty?

Thanks!!!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Have you checked the connections, especially the braided copper?
F Connector.jpg

Have you got a satellite meter, even a basic version?
satellite_finder.jpg
This basic one will light up, when connected to the LNB, and receiver, if the connections are working.

Has the dish moved, at all, when changing the cable? Why did you change the cable, did you lose signal, or is this a new installation?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Hello,

I just bought 40m of Webro WF100 cable and i have crimped 2 connectors at the end of a portion and i get no signal going through. I then tried the other portion of the cable using 2 push connectors and still I get no signal.

Any ideas? Can it be faulty?

Thanks!!!
Did the cable come from a reputable source ?

You could post pictures of the markings and one end bared back to show the individual parts.

Bamboccio

Reaction score
It was my fault. I think when I crimped the plug I short circuited it and then did something similarly stupid for the test using screw on (not push) fittings.
For the records when crimping I should pull back the little wires but leave the copper sleeve on right?
Instead when using the screw on fittings I should also pull back the sleeve.

Thanks!

Bamboccio

Reaction score
Have you checked the connections, especially the braided copper?
View attachment 156063

Have you got a satellite meter, even a basic version?
View attachment 156064
This basic one will light up, when connected to the LNB, and receiver, if the connections are working.

Has the dish moved, at all, when changing the cable? Why did you change the cable, did you lose signal, or is this a new installation?
By the way I changed the cable because I have a scaffolding on site.
With respect to the plug when using crimping fittings i should leave the sleeve on but pull the braided cover?