WHAT SIZE OF DISH FOR 16e IN N IRELAND

joerogangolf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
mvision hd200
My Location
n ireland
HI i have recently fitted a new dish for watching trimg on 16e but have a signal but cannot get any quality. have changed to a 110cm from a 100cm but still no diffrent. the receiver picks up some channels. but on most it says no signal. have done loads of installation on a regular basis but dont know. can get 13 and 19 full of the meter. please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
16E had major problems last year and required spare capacity to be brought into use. Signals are much weaker than they were, so I'm certain you'll need an even bigger dish - but only a local can really tell you exactly what minimum size.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Depends which channels you are looking for - anything on Sesat 1 is basically unwatchable here as the beam is slewed well east over Europe and is very poor in the UK.

Howver theres a new satellite slotting at 16E in a few weeks time so hopefully things should improve.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Analoguesat said:
However there's a new satellite slotting at 16E in a few weeks time so hopefully things should improve.

Ooh, that had passed me by ............... good news indeed.

The OP is after Tring, I believe.

joerogangolf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
mvision hd200
My Location
n ireland
HI thanks for your help. but did have it was working last year and signal was perfect. had not used for a while so put up new dish up and now cant get any quality.

petediscrete

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
mvision hd200 combo + Technomate 5400 Super+ technomate diseqc motor+ TD110 dish
My Location
Ireland and Gran Canaria
The problem might lie in your STB.MVision HD200 can be a bit flaky.Go to GXMAX website and get the latest firmware.Follow the instructions for upgrading the firmware.Had the same problem with mine.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
joerogangolf said:
HI thanks for your help. but did have it was working last year and signal was perfect. had not used for a while so put up new dish up and now cant get any quality.

Last year the signals were coming off Eutelsat W2. She broke down at the beginning of the year and was replaced by Eutel W2M, Eurobird 16A and Sesat 1

The first two give reasonable signals in the UK but Sesat 1 is to put it bluntly rubbish.

joerogangolf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
mvision hd200
My Location
n ireland
which satellite is tring sports coming from? also on my meter the satellite locks on but the quailty is non exesistance. does any one know when the new sat will be launched and working? and will it help my picture for my tring card. thanks again:]

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
joerogangolf said:
which satellite is tring sports coming from? Also on my meter the satellite locks on but the quailty is non exesistance. Does any one know when the new sat will be launched and working? And will it help my picture for my tring card. Thanks again:]

Tring is on W2M 11283 H 27500 5/6

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
joerogangolf said:
which satellite is tring sports coming from? also on my meter the satellite locks on but the quailty is non exesistance. does any one know when the new sat will be launched and working? and will it help my picture for my tring card. thanks again:]

Launch is mid September. If it goes ok W3B should be in service towards the end of October. However Tring is on one of the reasonable strength frequencies so summat isnt set up right on your system.