Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
All the V-Box II's, I've owned, over the years, has the same problem. They start buzzing, and get noisier.

I did a quick inspection, but couldn't find anything burned, blown, or damaged, so required a circuit board test, which I couldn't find locally, and the only good electronics repair guy, I did find, went out of business, during Covid.

A simple unplugging, and plugging back in, solved the problem for a time, and of course the old bang, of the box, with your hand, did the same, but eventually they failed. It appears that they aren't worth repair, like a lot of modern technology, it would cost more to repair, with postage, and diagnosis, than a new one, especially when there were plenty available, which is annoying.

I tend to use Kodi, a lot, on my VU+ Duo 2, not for viewing, but for downloading films, and television series, as I have a built in hard drive, but that was better earlier on, in the Kodi days, before these pay servers got involved, although I can still get some good films, and have viewed Guardians of the Galaxy 3, John Wick 4, and gotten many others, that I intend to view. I even managed to download an old film, The Warriors, after I noticed John Wick 4 contained a nice Homage, to the old film.

BanjoXo71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo 4k [1TB]
Channel Master 1.2m
Moteck V-Box
Jaeger SMR 1224
Inverto C120 LNB
Raven Feedhorn
My Location
Rochdale
and of course the old bang, of the box, with your hand, did the same
LOL thats what i do :)

I have kodi installed on my tv so i watch my m3u files that way, its setup with JediXtreme on my Ultimo 4k but i really miss my Channel Master dish so i am eager to get it back on the pole browsing the different sats again.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
What range do you require?
I used to have 52E to 30W, but now anything past 42E is not possible, due to the neighbours tree, but as I spend most of my time viewing/recording 23.5E, with Saturday visits, to 30W, the further East channels are no longer required. I only used to go there for the Cricket anyway.

BanjoXo71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo 4k [1TB]
Channel Master 1.2m
Moteck V-Box
Jaeger SMR 1224
Inverto C120 LNB
Raven Feedhorn
My Location
Rochdale
I could get 42E - 45W, if i remember rightly i struggled with 45w due to lnb dipping below roof peak.