Multi Sat configuration on Dreambox DM 800

andrelondon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400 Super + Dreambox DM800 HD
My Location
Woking
Hi there
Just had the help of Channel Hopper to setup the dreambox but we think theres a problem with the image. It finds the satellite one minute and then disappears the next, it moves the satellite in one page but it doesnt in the other one. We managed to setup the latitude and longitude fine but after storing 2 satellites the dreambox didnt want to store any other satellite.
On the technomate we entered the same USALS (it wasnt configured in USALS before) and it worked straight away - finding all the satellites fine
The image on the dreambox is Blackhole Elite V1.3.3 DV3 Phoenix Edition 2. Any know problems with this image? Is there a better image for a clone box?

goose68

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800hd, 1.0m motorised dish. AMD Phenom 11x4 965, radeon4890, 2 x 1TB, 1 x750GB.
My Location
Northish Scotland
Thats good then, i was thinking something could have been corrupt with the image. Blackhole is fine but it's getting old now, the dbuk image is pretty good it's based on pli, or pli is good, is it a sim 2.01 box or a ferrarri sim box you have, remember to flash the correct image for your sim type with the right bootloader.

andrelondon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Woking
hey its a sim 2.01 bootloader 82. dbuk image is ok for mine? where can I donwload?

goose68

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800hd, 1.0m motorised dish. AMD Phenom 11x4 965, radeon4890, 2 x 1TB, 1 x750GB.
My Location
Northish Scotland
You will get it on the Dbuk forum, yeah for sim 2.01 so ok for you, download version 1.1 from there plus ssl82 for clone, then when you flash the image, dont reboot open another browser tab and flash ssl82 then reboot the box. there is a link for the image, and i have uploaded the ssl for you.

__http://www.multiupload.com/591T2BK7EW

andrelondon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Woking
!!!!!!!!!SOLVED!!!!!!!!!

Thanks goose68, Channel Hopper, Huevos and Captain Jack!
The image was the problem after all. I installed the image that goose68 told me, flashed the box, inserted the lat/long that Channel Hopper told me, copied the bouquets to the box and now works fine!
The dish moves between satellites without a problem!! And I did a scam for a channel that it wasnt showing on the bouquet and it found the channel fine :-)
I cant thank you guys enough!!
Cheers!!!!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Great result, now all you need to do is cut that tree in front of 30W.

All other satellites from 53W round to the west were coming in fine with the longitude of the USALs (in the TM5400) set to 3.8E. Ive had issues before where the location of the dish in no way relates to the coordinates you have to set in the receiver for it to track everything out there, which is worrying. I still don't know quite why even though some of the systems were fitted from scratch by me.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Is there anything on 53W on Ku Band for UK? Can't see anything on Lyngsat....

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Sorry, that should have read 53E